Doors CS 7.1 Beta 2 is the second (and with any luck, last) beta release of Doors CS 7.1, the first version to contain fully-functional CALCnet2.2 drivers. It also offers several slight usability fixes and bug patches since Doors CS 7.0.1. I'm happy to mention the following new items in Doors CS 7.1 Beta 2:

:: Tighter restrictions on hidden files to minimize conflicts with buggy TI-OS code.
:: Resolved problem with two- and three-argument standard usage of the sum() command
:: Convergence of the emulator and non-emulator versions, slightly enlarging the setup code for CALCnet2.2
:: TI-OS error handlers wrapped around ASM program execution

As always, your invaluable beta-testing helps me release a product that is stable and polished, so remember to let me know in the attached topic if you have any bug reports, especially with usage of the DCSB Libs and with executing ASM programs. I also welcome feature requests for future versions of Doors CS, although with as few as 27 bytes free on one of the DCS 7.1 Beta 2 pages, I have extremely limited room for new features at this point. Please download, test, and enjoy!

Download
Doors CS 7.1 Beta 2

CALCnet 2.2 Test Programs
Flourish: CALCnet 2.2 Tech Demo
NetPong v1.1

DCSB Libs Test Programs
DCSBL Race v1.0.1
DCSQuad Solver v1.0
Lights Out DE v1.0

Cool, I'll have to try this out soon. Smile
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
Cool, I'll have to try this out soon. Smile
Excellent, I look forward to your feedback. With the CALCnet2.2 video done, once I finish this Algorithms homework I'm going to make a little Doors CS 7.1 video, then push 7.1 out the door, hopefully relatively in the week.
*grabs beta* I'll be testing this out.
xXEpicxXXxFailXx wrote:
*grabs beta* I'll be testing this out.
Woot, thanks very much! I look forward to your reports from the field. If you could particularly test some subset of running ASM programs, DCSB Libs programs, CALCnet programs, and hiding/unhiding/renaming programs, I would be eternally grateful. Smile
The Sum issue appears to be resolved. Thanks Kerm!

Hmm, what to do with those pesky 27 bytes... Laughing
ztrumpet wrote:
The Sum issue appears to be resolved. Thanks Kerm!

Hmm, what to do with those pesky 27 bytes... 0x5
Since you seem to be the expert on the "easter egg" aspects of sum(), would you mind quickly testing the two-argument form as well if you have a chance? I'm very happy to hear that it's fixed for Exodus! Smile
Yup, that looks like it works as well. Smile
oh crap, I think I forgot to remind you about adding the ability to scroll using + and - with the open file routines Sad

aside from that I think I will take this sometime later when I get time
I don't know if it is intentional, but the hour-glass don't go away after the file-mannagment popup-menu has been rendered.

It only happens on the occations where the hour-glass appears in the first-place.

---

And you can also click a coupple of pixels to the left (outside) of the said menu and still select items. This happens under any condition.
ztrumpet wrote:
Yup, that looks like it works as well. Smile
Most excellent! Thanks again for checking it.

@olav: It's an unfortunate side-effect of backing up folders. For some reason I recall it being very complicated to fix, and I decided against it. Also, thanks for the report about the Properties menu; I'll check that.
*bump* I patched the hourglass issue, I fixed a CALCnet2.2 speed interaction with 15MHz calculators, and I'm waiting to hear more about the two final things I care about, the two pending 2.53MP-related possible-issues. Alberthro and others, if you could confirm or negate the Input-after-ASM and/or editing overwrite problem, I would be grateful.
KermMartian wrote:
*bump* I patched the hourglass issue, I fixed a CALCnet2.2 speed interaction with 15MHz calculators, and I'm waiting to hear more about the two final things I care about, the two pending 2.53MP-related possible-issues. Alberthro and others, if you could confirm or negate the Input-after-ASM and/or editing overwrite problem, I would be grateful.

I desperately need to get time to produce a nice video of the bug being shown. It's not a HW issue, since I bought these a year ago (unless there's a new "taint" of HW like the RAM page change), so it's either DCS and/or the OS itself.

For those who wish to be guinea pigs, the not-too-harmful bug is here:
http://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=126229#126229

If you don't mind losing a lot of data for this bug, here it is:
http://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=125025#125025

Please test away! Smile

/me needs to find more time
Is that the ASM program issue or the editing issue? I would really appreciate if you could send me your ASM program in question, because I've tried dozens with no success. Sad
Hmm, strange, I cannot replicate any of em on my normal calc (no mp) so there is either something wrong with alberthro's calc or mp it self
qazz42 wrote:
Hmm, strange, I cannot replicate any of em on my normal calc (no mp) so there is either something wrong with alberthro's calc or mp it self
You can't replicate the input issue? Or the editing issue? Which one do you mean?
neither Sad, so I would assume mp is at fault, but I dont have access to an mp calc any more and I rather not upgrade Sad
qazz42 wrote:
neither Sad, so I would assume mp is at fault, but I dont have access to an mp calc any more and I rather not upgrade Sad
I don't blame you. I also think MP is at fault; what a horrible OS. Sad

For the sake of the editor corruption bug I loaded 2.53MP onto my TI-84+SE, tried out Alberthro's steps, and I still can't replicate the problem. Sad
Strange, perhaps alberthro's ROM chip is faulty or something?
qazz42 wrote:
Strange, perhaps alberthro's ROM chip is faulty or something?
I strongly suspect that 2.53MP is doing some borderline-questionable Flash access that on certain hardware is manifesting as data corruption. I'm pretty close to giving up trying to track these issues down.

Edit: Just for Ztrumpet and Qazz42, bringing me from 57 to 12 bytes free on Page 1:

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours