I discovered this circuit-building tool on Omni called Logisim, and you can build and simulate complex circuits. It's actually quite fun, and I am working on making my own CPU with it (with a very limited instruction set)

Discuss and post your Logisim creations here.

Link to website
Link to download
*bump

So, has anyone tried this yet?
souvik1997 wrote:
*bump

So, has anyone tried this yet?
I'm afraid I haven't gotten to give it a try yet, although it is of course relevant to my interests and my professional qualifications. Smile I've used a few circuit simulators over the years, some for analog circuits, others purely for digital logic testing, so I'd be interested to try a more advanced one.
I used this in college in my Computer Organization class, it was pretty fun. Out final project with it was a MIPS ALU, here are the specifications http://personal.denison.edu/~bressoud/cs281-s08/homework/MIPSALU.html. If I get around to it, maybe I'll upload the circuit.
I've been working on a CPU for a few days now, it has four 8-bit registers, which can be paired up into 16-bit registers, and supports loading immediate values into them, as well as loading them into each other.
merthsoft wrote:
I used this in college in my Computer Organization class, it was pretty fun. Out final project with it was a MIPS ALU, here are the specifications http://personal.denison.edu/~bressoud/cs281-s08/homework/MIPSALU.html. If I get around to it, maybe I'll upload the circuit.
That sounds like fun. For our Computer Architecture final project, Chrystina and I wrote an infinite-precision (arbitary-precision) four-function calculator in MIPS; I think the emulator we used was PCSpim.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours