I am just wondering of those here, who knows of any good coop games, preferably fps type games that allow coop on the same machine. I realized that my collection is rather tiny (all the halo games and Army of Two)

Any suggestions?
Call of Duty is a really good FPS in my opinion.
souvik1997 wrote:
Call of Duty is a really good FPS in my opinion.

yeah, but I don't believe one can do a coop of the campaigns in the Call of Duty games, that is the important criteria for any suggestions.
Perfect Dark Zero is rather old now, but it does co-op on one machine and is pretty good. Should be real cheap in the used bin, too
Borderlands.
Not a 360 player myself, unfortunately. However, there is this great PC FPS that has very fun coop modes; I think you might know which one it is... Wink
That's right. UT3 is less than nine or eight bucks for consoles these days. Since I have two consoles I usually pick up two copies of games if the price (used or new) is low enough. The other day I picked up a classic and almost five year old game for 4.99.

I get multiple copies for Mulitplayer through LAN or to loan out and play online.
Well, this has to be for the 360, preferably FPS and needs to be able to co-op the campaigns. I am going to try to drag him off to the used game store this weekend, see if we can find something to continue to amuse us after we decimate the halo series lol
While it doesn't meet the co-op requirement, I can't let an xbox360 games thread live without suggestion Bioshock and Bioshock 2. They are amazing games.
lol yeah, one of these days I'll pick up the first one. I would really like to expand my collection of games a bit from what it is now. ><
That reminds me, comic, do you want to try UT3 again one of these days? Maybe we'll be happier with the gameplay.
I didn't really like UT3 all that much. It was alright, but UT2k4 was much better.
merthsoft wrote:
I didn't really like UT3 all that much. It was alright, but UT2k4 was much better.
That was our experience too when we all played. I think it was at least Jonimus, Tari, comic, and myself, and we found it to be quite meh compared with UT2004. It seemed like they mostly took UT2004, added a heaping handful of gray and gritty, bumped up the rendering engine with some more AA, and re-modeled all the weapons.
KermM, The PS3 Version of UT3 got stripped of the connectivity to PC's at last minute or it was never added; I've looked it up and possibly posted it somewhere here. When I build my computer next year I'll definitely be buying UT3 & UT2K4 for Windows.

tifreak8x wrote:
Well, this has to be for the 360, preferably FPS and needs to be able to co-op the campaigns. I am going to try to drag him off to the used game store this weekend, see if we can find something to continue to amuse us after we decimate the halo series 0x5
Like I've mentioned, Borderlands & UT3. Both have Campaign Co-op Smile

In fact, Borderlands is strictly Co-Op in multiplayer play. If you have the money, I recommend the GOTY edition. It's full price but the extra downloads provide some great entertainment and re-playability. If you buy the Used, original game and want to download the DLC, I recommend "The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned" and "Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot." The Underdome has influence from the movie "Mad Max" Wink And you can play as many times as you want.

What I like about Underdome is that you have five rounds and five waves each for the three events. After you beat the three, the same three open up but you have twenty rounds, all at five waves. I have yet to tackle those. That's all Underdome is, but it's so much fun to play again and again.

UT3 has Campaign Co-Op but you need to download an update. The case of the game will say "1 Player" but once you update the game it'll support Split-Screen, and Co-Op.

Both campaigns are amazing, both alone and with a friend. UT3 with a friend, bump up the difficulty one notch than you'd play alone or it'll be too easy.

+24Hours: Continuing my editing streak from yesterday with this post, don't forget about "Army of Two" both the original and the second game "40 Days." Both are mandatory co-op, there's no single player.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours