So, what do you do when you're sick of loops, pointers, RAM locations, and variables? This is a place you can show off stupid and/or awesome stuff you made to take a break. Here's the first one: Evil Pi in Axe. Check the archives. I'll tell you when Kerm gets it up. Cool
I made a program to show 6 or 7 levels of grayscale, with a level of bluescale. It's on the Bluescale thread in Omni.
heheheh, I love making C# programs that make people go "wtf"
c.sprinkle wrote:
So, what do you do when you're sick of loops, pointers, RAM locations, and variables? This is a place you can show off stupid and/or awesome stuff you made to take a break. Here's the first one: Evil Pi in Axe. Check the archives. I'll tell you when Kerm gets it up. Cool
Before I accept it, can you tell me what it does?
I always mess around with the Android SDK when I'm bored. I love iOS dev, but after all the crap I've been going through trying to submit to the Apple store, Android is a nice stress-free alternative.
foamy3 wrote:
I always mess around with the Android SDK when I'm bored. I love iOS dev, but after all the crap I've been going through trying to submit to the Apple store, Android is a nice stress-free alternative.
Oh, you mean related to your summer job/project? You had difficulties submitting that?
I make weird hooks, name them something useful, and send them to my friends.
Yeah. It was 10% our inorganization, 90% Apple just being Apple. You have to go into their online portal and create development certificates, sign them into the Keychain Access program, load it to the device, blah blah blah just to run on a device. And of course if you use chrome instead of Safari, it says every action was completed incorrectly (and of course they wouldn't document THAT). Then you have to do it all again slightly different in order to submit it. We'd do things step by step as per instructions, and the app would just crash without giving us a reason why. Then it worked fine for us and Apple said it crashed every time they tried to load it. It's just a much bigger hassle than it needs to be. You can submit to the Android Market while on the toilet (not that I have... yet...).
The program does nothing except display pis all over the screen in cool grayscale. I told you, this is what I do when I'm bored! Very Happy
c.sprinkle wrote:
The program does nothing except display pis all over the screen in cool grayscale. I told you, this is what I do when I'm bored! Very Happy
Ah, I just wanted to check that it wouldn't do anything malicious or RAM Clear-ful to the calculator. I'm going to slightly edit your description while I accept it to mention that, if you don't mind.
You press ZOOM to exit.
c.sprinkle wrote:
You press ZOOM to exit.
Does the program's readme happen to mention that at all? Also, you should find a way to get screenshots with your uploads. Finally, now that I actually downloaded your program, a readme.txt would be a good (I might even say highly-suggested) addition for your next upload.

http://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=file&path=/83plus/asm/graphics/Evil?.zip

Edit: Of the two new uploads you submitted, I assume the second is the one I should accept?
They're the same. I just made a mistake and uploaded it twice by accident.
c.sprinkle wrote:
They're the same. I just made a mistake and uploaded it twice by accident.
Gotcha. I accepted your update; should be at the same link as the old one. Smile
I wrote a program that, with some expert fiddling, leads to the likes of 4√(238)-tan(6), 5√(27363)-cos(e), and √(22+73πe^π). It keeps me amused.
Why do you want to look at that? Razz
...Did you type them in? Make sure the mode is set to Radians.

On second thought, why don't I spell it out? In respective order, they are approximately equal to 62.0000006736…, 828.000000063…, and 72.9999999186….

For instance, I feed tan(1) into my program and immediately get √(43)-5 back out. If I change the tolerance, I get √(298725)-545 back in four seconds! Now think about how a program might be designed to do that.

It turns 1337*e into √(861)+3605 (a difference of ~3 millionths) in a mere 18 iterations and under a second. This goes to show that the size of the input (or the sizes of the radicand/addend in the output) are not descriptive of the running time in general.
Recently I wrote a BrainF*** interpreter, and then a CHIP-8 interpreter.
Is it like BenRyves' interpreter? I would like to try it out Very Happy
Ohhh, we're talking about what we do when we're bored; I missed what people were going on about. Personally, I never have a chance to be bored. If you're bored, you have too few projects. If you're never bored, you have too many projects. I don't think there's really anyone in the middle ground, personally.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours