Hello, there good sirs:

I am from omnimaga and UTI, and have decided to join cemetech as well. Great site, I am loving it so far. Though, I am also poting this for another reason:

I am making a z80 assembly game for the ti8x family of calcs, which sime of you noticed on omnimaga already. Well, I shall post it here too. My game is Trio and Niko: Falling, an RPG in 4 level grayscale that I plan to make in the form of a multipage app (my estimation so far is 3 pages, but it could always possibly be 4).

I am working opn the sprites and tiles as of now, but also on coding; I almost have a working subroutine for displaying 2 buffer based 4 level gray, and I am also workign on a sprite clipping subroutine as well.

Will post updates whenever there are any.

PS: the only reason it took me so long to finally sign up was that I was busy and I couldn't find the button that said "register" Razz
Hello ASHBAD_ALVIN, welcome to Cemetech! You can introduce yourself in the Introduce Yourself topic: http://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4925&start=300

Regarding your project, is this in Axe or pure ASM?
this is pure assembly, I used to use both, but now I'm moviong on into the big leagues again.
I followed this for a bit on Omni and this looks pretty promising. You should post some screenshots when possible. Smile
Whoa, a three-page app? That's pretty intense! I too am interested in some screenshots at your convenience. As I mentioned in the Introduce Yourself topic, I hope you'll share any z80 ASM questions that you happen to have with us.
ASHBAD_ALVIN wrote:
Hello, there good sirs:

I am from omnimaga and UTI, and have decided to join cemetech as well. Great site, I am loving it so far. Though, I am also poting this for another reason:

I am making a z80 assembly game for the ti8x family of calcs, which sime of you noticed on omnimaga already. Well, I shall post it here too. My game is Trio and Niko: Falling, an RPG in 4 level grayscale that I plan to make in the form of a multipage app (my estimation so far is 3 pages, but it could always possibly be 4).

I am working opn the sprites and tiles as of now, but also on coding; I almost have a working subroutine for displaying 2 buffer based 4 level gray, and I am also workign on a sprite clipping subroutine as well.

Will post updates whenever there are any.

PS: the only reason it took me so long to finally sign up was that I was busy and I couldn't find the button that said "register" Razz

Great you registered. In Cemetech, I think more people know Assembly, in fact, most people are Asm programmers I think, so you'll get more Asm help here Smile

Good work (for the second time) with your project.

Why don't you post the screenshots you posted in Omnimaga here too?
I will probably post the next screeny I make here, I too lazy to post mah pics from earlier here too yet Razz

and yes, I will probably need help with more of the graphics-coding part, though with the math stuff and other app stuff I think I've got down (for now that is )

EDIT yes you can haz screenie: look at my avatar for my first char sprite in the game
ASHBAD_ALVIN wrote:
I will probably post the next screeny I make here, I too lazy to post mah pics from earlier here too yet Razz

and yes, I will probably need help with more of the graphics-coding part, though with the math stuff and other app stuff I think I've got down (for now that is )
Sounds good. Are you using any libraries to help you with the graphics, for example any of the DCS, Ion, or MOS routines? I actually have a pair of clipping, masking 8x8 and 16x16 sprite routines in Doors CS, but I don't expose them to third-party coders because they're not the cleanest implementations.
well I could really use anything you have Very Happy

I might use some of those other routines, but i would have to get teh source for them as I can't use normal shell routines. But yeah, I could just edit your routines to support 3/4 level gray
ASHBAD_ALVIN wrote:
well I could really use anything you have Very Happy

I might use some of those other routines, but i would have to get teh source for them as I can't use normal shell routines. But yeah, I could just edit your routines to support 3/4 level gray
Argh, I keep forgetting that you're making an App rather than a straight program. >_< Do you really think you're going to have so much data that you're going to need to make this an App rather than a program? Perhaps you've already gotten far enough to see that this is the case?
I haven't gotten far enough to find out the hard way, but I am positive it will take up a LOT of executable code AND map data, unfortunately. Maybe this is very ambitious, but I really plan on makign on of the best ti8x calc RPGs ever Wink
ASHBAD_ALVIN wrote:
I haven't gotten far enough to find out the hard way, but I am positive it will take up a LOT of executable code AND map data, unfortunately. Maybe this is very ambitious, but I really plan on makign on of the best ti8x calc RPGs ever Wink
That certainly is a very ambitious goal, but my personal philosophy is that I can do almost anything if I put enough time and effort into it, so I wish you all the best of luck. Perhaps you can tell us a bit more about the plot and the game mechanics that you have planned for your RPG?
I shall whn I get home at 5:30, right now I have to work on schoolwork, I have a lot to do, so in about 3 hours then Wink

but yes, it does have a great plot (to me at least)
ASHBAD_ALVIN wrote:
I shall whn I get home at 5:30, right now I have to work on schoolwork, I have a lot to do, so in about 3 hours then Wink

but yes, it does have a great plot (to me at least)
Awesome, glad to hear it. Is it just the plot that is unique, or do you also have some kind of new gameplay mechanic to present? I don't think it would be necessarily a bad thing if it's just a good plot; the current successful gameplay mechanics are widespread for a good reason: they're effective and understandable. By that I mean HP/XP, weapons, NPCs, overworld and level maps, stats, magic?, and all those other things.
simular to normal RPGs, but I'll try to make it kinda unique at the same time Wink

the plot is great in my opinion because it contains virtually NO cliche'd stuff, which I personally think is so excellent Very Happy

also...

MY 4 LEVEL GRAY ROUTINE WORKS PERFECTLY!!! IT'Z BEUATIFUL!!

therefore, progress going good so far today Smile
What do you consider cliche'd RPG elements? Smile And congrats on the grayscale routines. Are you using a package such as Jim E.'s grayscale engine, or did you build something from scratch?
something from scratch! Very Happy

I can't tell you anything story related right now, I barely hav the time even to visit the site tonight, BUT I'll tell you what I called cliche'd:

http://project-apollo.net/text/rpg.html
I worked hard to avoid pretty much everything on this list.
Why are you people encouraging his all-caps nick? They should be banned for that.
ASHBAD_ALVIN wrote:
something from scratch! Very Happy

I can't tell you anything story related right now, I barely hav the time even to visit the site tonight, BUT I'll tell you what I called cliche'd:

http://project-apollo.net/text/rpg.html
I worked hard to avoid pretty much everything on this list.
That's an awesome (and very long) list; thanks for sharing that. To follow up on what Nikky said, by the way, is it absolutely necessary that your nickname be in all capital letters? Wouldn't Ashbad_Alvin be just as good?
If I changed it, I would also have to change all my other accoutns too because they all have caps and I would forget which ones were caps and which ones weren't.

I may not be a mod/admin so I don't have any say but I don't see how I should be "banned" for having a slightly annoying name allynfolksjr...

...also, who's encouraging it?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 6
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours