Oh god that's brilliant
Hahahah truly brilliant, elf XD

On a more serious note, I am absolutely disgusted by the TSA at this point. The fact that our country is being run like this is absolutely ridiculous. No country should be subjecting their own citizens to such harassment. I'm incredibly surprised there haven't been any lawsuits against these. There's got to be SOME way to take down Homeland Security. They have way too much power. WAY too much power. It's f***ing ridiculous.
I noticed a shop selling shirts and underwear printed with the Fourth Amendment in supposedly metallic ink for the backscatter machines.
Hahaha, nice, Kerm Razz
http://www.theonion.com/articles/disgusted-tsa-agents-also-calling-for-end-to-body,18557/

Not sure if anyone else has noticed this, I found this quite amusing though.
I'm not sure of the legitimacy of this but still a funny and good read.
Pastebin
yeah, that is an amazingly good read. And doesn't surprise me in the least. I always found airport security freaking out about nail clippers rather stupid. That just takes it to a whole new level of wtf.
tifreak8x wrote:
http://www.theonion.com/articles/disgusted-tsa-agents-also-calling-for-end-to-body,18557/

Hehe, nice one. I wonder how much truth is in that.
KermMartian wrote:
tifreak8x wrote:

Hehe, nice one. I wonder how much truth is in that.

With as many people out there that are obese (truly obese) and a good portion of people out there that don't really care about how they smell (towed quite a few people like that /me shudders )

I'd say there is a bit of truth to this lol
swivelgames wrote:
Hahahah truly brilliant, elf XD

On a more serious note, I am absolutely disgusted by the TSA at this point. The fact that our country is being run like this is absolutely ridiculous. No country should be subjecting their own citizens to such harassment. I'm incredibly surprised there haven't been any lawsuits against these. There's got to be SOME way to take down Homeland Security. They have way too much power. WAY too much power. It's f***ing ridiculous.

Liberals have been saying that same thing since that agency was created! For f*ck's sake, my dad was cavity-searched just for setting off the metal detector a few times! Why is it now, with a black president, that the ideas of 'privacy' and 'dignity' are no longer viewed as "traitorous" and "un-american"? Oh wait.

The Onion article made me lulz though.
DShiznit wrote:
Liberals have been saying that same thing since that agency was created! ... Why is it now, with a black president, that the ideas of 'privacy' and 'dignity' are no longer viewed as "traitorous" and "un-american"? Oh wait.

I think you're confusing neo-conservatives with actual conservatives. But it's funny that you say that, since the liberal ideal tends to be a strong and mothering/nannying (depending on your take) federal government that values the public good (and hence public safety) higher than personal rights. The neo-cons just manage to combine the least attractive parts of both sides (a liberal view of the role of government, with conservative views of American exceptionalism), the only reason they got power is because no liberal evangelicals were willing to run on a social justice and family values platform whereas the neo-cons were perfectly willing to pander.
and....a fun little article to keep the topic from petering out: http://oudaily.com/news/2010/dec/06/column-nude-awakening-tsa-and-privacy/
elfprince13 wrote:
and....a fun little article to keep the topic from petering out: http://oudaily.com/news/2010/dec/06/column-nude-awakening-tsa-and-privacy/
That's a very level-headed, well-reasoned, well-supported article. Thanks for sharing.
Indeed. I'm still frustrated at the hypocrisy of the Right(and the American people in general) on this issue between shortly after 9/11(White Republican President) and now(Black Democratic one).
DShiznit wrote:
Indeed. I'm still frustrated at the hypocrisy of the Right(and the American people in general) on this issue between shortly after 9/11(White Republican President) and now(Black Democratic one).

elfprince13 wrote:
DShiznit wrote:
Liberals have been saying that same thing since that agency was created! ... Why is it now, with a black president, that the ideas of 'privacy' and 'dignity' are no longer viewed as "traitorous" and "un-american"? Oh wait.

I think you're confusing neo-conservatives with actual conservatives. But it's funny that you say that, since the liberal ideal tends to be a strong and mothering/nannying (depending on your take) federal government that values the public good (and hence public safety) higher than personal rights. The neo-cons just manage to combine the least attractive parts of both sides (a liberal view of the role of government, with conservative views of American exceptionalism), the only reason they got power is because no liberal evangelicals were willing to run on a social justice and family values platform whereas the neo-cons were perfectly willing to pander.

Kerm: No problem.
http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2011/03/4th-amendment-on-chest/
What.
The.
F--k.

I'm getting seriously disappointed now that Obama hasn't thoroughly reformed or replaced this organization...
Agreed, DShiz. I actually just hopped on to see if Thomas had posted it in here.

[edit] Also, efly, GREAT read (the oudaily.com article)

...p.s. I miss the forum! I wish I had more free time!! Sad
Start browsing on your phone Wink
Why can't we just learn to run our airports the.... Israeli way, wasn't it? Proper profiling and procedure, rather than mass paranoia and intrusive scanning and groping? *shrug*

</$0.02>

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 4 of 10
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours