0rac343 wrote:
windows 7 Ultimate N
Hmm, weird. Some random Googling brought up things like the following article, but this is in reference to being unable to check out, not to install the program in the first place.

http://thelifeofjohn.com/blog/development/tortoisesvn-and-windows-7-and-how-i-made-them-play-nice/
huh okay ill try that. thanks Kerm
0rac343 wrote:
huh okay ill try that. thanks Kerm
I don't think disabling your firewall/antivirus (as that article suggests) is going to help you install Tortoise in the first place, though. Does it give you any more specific errors when you try to install or run Tortoise?
hey KermM! By yelling at my laptop, Tortoise worked! hahaha downloading TBG right now!
0rac343 wrote:
hey KermM! By yelling at my laptop, Tortoise worked! hahaha downloading TBG right now!
Awesome! Maybe I can actually convince a few of us to get together and do some building later, then.
okay cool! That sounds pretty cool.
EDIT:
Okay It finished downloading, but now it says that freebuild.exe has stopped working. ? what do I do now? Are there some other steps I have to do?
0rac343 wrote:
okay cool! That sounds pretty cool.
EDIT:
Okay It finished downloading, but now it says that freebuild.exe has stopped working. ? what do I do now? Are there some other steps I have to do?
Yeah, pull down the SVN checkout another time or two. It seems to complete only a portion of the download on the first checkout for some people.
The large binary files occasionally stall the checkout.
okay gotcha. I think it's working now. We'll see soon.
elfprince13 wrote:
This. Every time I checkout for the first time on diff computers I have to restart it. You just gotta restart the checkout until you've got all the files Wink
elfprince13 wrote:
Ah, is that what it is? Is it the SVN host being slow or Tortoise having an overly-restrictive timeout?
I think it is the SVN host being a bit squirrely.
elfprince13 wrote:
I think it is the SVN host being a bit squirrely.

dang, i really want to see what has happened, and just to play it for a bit Razz,

can anyone provide an alternative download please?
If you repeatedly resume downloads you should be able to finish. The T3D stuff hasn't been committed to SVN yet since I've only had a few hours to experiment so far and haven't ported everything across. I'll be looking for a more reliable host as well, so this particular problem should go away.
Any Mac users should run this:

Code:
install_name_tool -change /Users/thomas/Desktop/Torque/SDK/lib/bullet-2.76/src/BulletCollision/RelWithDebInfo/libBulletCollision.dylib @executable_path/../Frameworks/libBulletCollision.dylib FreeBuild

install_name_tool -change /Users/thomas/Desktop/Torque/SDK/lib/bullet-2.76/src/BulletDynamics/RelWithDebInfo/libBulletDynamics.dylib @executable_path/../Frameworks/libBulletDynamics.dylib FreeBuild

install_name_tool -change /Users/thomas/Desktop/Torque/SDK/lib/bullet-2.76/src/BulletMultiThreaded/RelWithDebInfo/libBulletMultiThreaded.dylib @executable_path/../Frameworks/libBulletMultiThreaded.dylib FreeBuild

install_name_tool -change /Users/thomas/Desktop/Torque/SDK/lib/bullet-2.76/src/BulletSoftBody/RelWithDebInfo/libBulletSoftBody.dylib @executable_path/../Frameworks/libBulletSoftBody.dylib FreeBuild

install_name_tool -change /Users/thomas/Desktop/Torque/SDK/lib/bullet-2.76/src/LinearMath/RelWithDebInfo/libLinearMath.dylib @executable_path/../Frameworks/libLinearMath.dylib FreeBuild
well could i get the older version at any chance? :3
Xyno76 wrote:
well could i get the older version at any chance? :3

I'm making a tgz archive for everyone. I'll post the link when it is done.

Until I release the first T3D build or BountySource gets their crap together: http://sfgp.cemetech.net/freebuild/fb1.5.2.tgz
https://svn.bountysource.com/tbg/trunk/ seems to be down. Any mirrors?
ParkerR, did you bother to even read any of this thread other than the first post? Elf's last reply answers your question.
Mind if I use this for my shooting game? I actually have someone helping with it this time whose been writing AI code under the 1.4 Freebuild. If that scripting is compatible with the new engine I can use that, or I can continue using the slightly older one I've been working with. Is there any real advantage to using the 1.5 Freebuild for a shoot-em-up game, or should I stick with what I already have? From what I understand, the only difference between 1.4 and 1.5 is the lighting kit...

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours