For the most part, movies based on games tend to be very crappy Sad
But I'd like to say there are times that maybe some movies SHOULD be made.For example, heres a comedy Razz

and here's and action
The Legend of Zelda one was made.
It was called the Hero of Time and it was shown on Dailymotion for a brief time before Nintendo started whining.
The gag order went through on 1-1-10.
Smile Point being made that I think it should've gone all the way to store shelves.I think Nintendo would be smart in partnering with IGN.

I also think the person who made this done a better job than the person who made the original tv cartoon.
Laughing I can so see a hit movie based on people blowing up
I own Doom, Its one of my favorite movies Smile

As for Pokemon, Im pretty sure it was a tv show before it was a game
comicIDIOT wrote:
[...]

*ahem*

Wink I dont know much of the history behind Doom, but I guess your saying the order was Comic, Game, Movie?
Anakclusmos wrote:
Wink I dont know much of the history behind Doom, but I guess your saying the order was Comic, Game, Movie?

The game came first. A series of novels were released and the comic (a one-off) came out at around the same time. The film came much later.

The film, however, has very little to do with DOOM. The brilliant Event Horizon is closer to a DOOM film than DOOM was.
The Doom movie was based on the latest Doom released at that time I think.I also remember seeing a sequence taken from the game that they played towards the end.
Anakclusmos wrote:
The Doom movie was based on the latest Doom released at that time I think.I also remember seeing a sequence taken from the game that they played towards the end.

Doom the movie had little to do with Doom the game - which is amazing since the game had very little plot to begin with. You'd think they'd have at least managed to incorporate the 3 or so plot elements in the entire game into the movie, but nope.

Doom the game is about demons from hell slaughtered by a space marine who then goes and kicks the devil's ass.

Doom the movie was about some crappy DNA virus thingy that was utterly stupid. There was also alien tech or something...
Ok, storyboard I stand corrected, but Im pretty sure there was a cutscene after whats-his-face gets injected with the extra chromosome that goes first person and looks like it was taken from a game.If it was from the game, whoever was playing was one hell of bada55
Anakclusmos wrote:
Ok, storyboard I stand corrected, but Im pretty sure there was a cutscene after whats-his-face gets injected with the extra chromosome that goes first person and looks like it was taken from a game.If it was from the game, whoever was playing was one hell of bada55

What? Nothing in the movie was taken from the game except the title...
Anakclusmos wrote:

There's a first-person segment but that could really be applied to just about any first-person shooter. DOOM's (rather thin) plot dealt with experiments into teleportation performed on Mars going awry and opening a gateway to Hell. Demons invade the bases and kill everyone apart from you, so you have to fight your way through levels that are increasingly Hell-infested (and eventually though Hell itself). Event Horizon's plot is based on a teleportation experiment gone awry and a Hell-like alternate dimension, so I'd recommend it if you're into sci-fi/horror films.

I presume the following haven't been mentioned on account of how dreadful they are, so I'll do the honours...

Kllrnohj wrote:

Thank you for the video.
You're welcome for the video. Razz Silly spambot.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours