As I get ready to release Doors CS 7.1 to the public, containing the first full set of publicly-released, fully-functional, fully-cross-platform CALCnet2.2 calculator networking libraries, there's a lot of preparatory work that needs to be done. All of the documentation on CALCnet2.2 and Doors CS has been updated, partially to take into account several mistakes found since the original versions, but mostly to integrate finalized, proofread information about CALCnet and the support routines that Doors CS contains for working with the protocol. Various Cemetech users and fellow programmers have been key in beta-testing and debugging aspects of CALCnet, particularly the poorly-documented field of z80 ISRs, so with fixes and benchmarks gleaned from their assistance I believe Doors CS 7.1 will be ready in at most a week or two.

Documentation-wise, the CALCnet2.2 Whitepaper has been finalized, including additional information on how to avoid TI-OS routines disabling the CALCnet interrupt. You can find the CALCnet2.2 Whitepaper below, hopefully appealing to users, programmers, and those who merely want to know the nitty-gritty details behind what makes CALCnet possible. In addition, the Doors CS 7 SDK, also available and linked below, has been updated with a new chapter on CALCnet, and has had several errors from the first version found and fixed, both in its documentation and included software tools. The online Doors CS SDK has been similarly updated, including a section on Interfacing CALCnet2.2 abridged from the CALCnet2.2 Whitepaper.

Finally, the previously-announced NetPong has been optimized, bug-fixed, and upgraded to version 1.1 to go along with the upcoming Doors CS 7.1. Note that this game for networked calculators does not work on Doors CS 7.0.1 or earlier, and must be used on at least Doors CS 7.1 Beta 1. However, it is strongly recommended that it be used with at least the full release of Doors CS 7.1. It offers a classic Pong game with a twist: with the power of CALCnet, a network of between two and nine calculators can be used as one very wide screen.

Please review, enjoy, and help me make Doors CS 7 and CALCnet even more popular by writing awesome games and applications for it! I have a variety of ideas for fun or useful games and applications for Doors CS and CALCnet, so if you're a bored ASM programmer, be sure to say hello.

Downloads
CALCnet2.2 Whitepaper
Doors CS 7 SDK
NetPong v1.1
Doors CS 7.1 Beta 1

I only have one thing to say

woo
If the Singularity occurs, it's definitely going to be Kerm's fault.

Err... I mean, nice! Can't wait to see more videos of this in action Smile
KeithJohansen wrote:
If the Singularity occurs, it's definitely going to be Kerm's fault.

Err... I mean, nice! Can't wait to see more videos of this in action Smile
Hahaha, thanks, KeithJohansen; I'd probably be proud to be part of it. Smile And thank you Qazz42 as well. Be sure to shoot me any DCS 7.1 b1 bug reports if you happen to run across them.
Yep, I am going to ask (beg if I must) my parents for a new 84 keypad >.<

DAMNIT TI
This is nice. Hopefully you can manage to sort out the TI-Nspire issues (with CALCnet) soon.
This is awesome! Very Happy When I get time, I'll make sure to try all of them out! Wink
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
This is nice. Hopefully you can manage to sort out the TI-Nspire issues (with CALCnet) soon.

I thought we did D:
alberthrocks wrote:
This is awesome! Very Happy When I get time, I'll make sure to try all of them out! Wink
Thanks albert.

DJ Omnimaga wrote:
Didn't you read the article above? Sad I'm pretty sure they are fixed, although I would very much appreciate your confirmation. This file should have everything you need:

http://www.cemetech.net/files/dcs71b2.zip

Qazz and DJ (and alberthro?), the speed tests should show something like this, at around these speeds:

Unidirectional test:

Bidirectional test:
Oh I wasn't sure if the bug was fixed yet, as I didn't see it mentionned in the article. I tend to miss stuff easily in long text. X.x

I'll have to try the new version, though, when I have some more time. Hopefully it will work.
KermMartian wrote:
alberthrocks wrote:
Thanks albert.

DJ Omnimaga wrote:
Didn't you read the article above? Sad I'm pretty sure they are fixed, although I would very much appreciate your confirmation. This file should have everything you need:

http://www.cemetech.net/files/dcs71b2.zip

Qazz and DJ (and alberthro?), the speed tests should show something like this, at around these speeds:

Unidirectional test:

Bidirectional test:

Yes, but on the nspire it takes longer to increase >.>
That's understandable, but it's important that the numbers on the pair of calculators are more or less the same, which from your reports it didn't sound like they were. Smile
Nah, that was first time when I didnt remember, a second try just shows the nspire was sllooww
qazz42 wrote:
Nah, that was first time when I didnt remember, a second try just shows the nspire was sllooww
OK, that's understandable. I'll look forward to getting DJ's confirmation on that, since his Nspire seems to have more problems with CALCnet2.2 than yours.
Yikes, what OS does he have? If that was answered, then say again, I probably didnt see it
qazz42 wrote:
Yikes, what OS does he have? If that was answered, then say again, I probably didnt see it
If you have 1.something, then he has 2.0.1. One of you has 1.x, and one of you has 2.0.1, so whichever of those two you don't have, DJ has.
ah, that might explain it, 2.0's 84 version has an MP OS

that might affect it
qazz42 wrote:
ah, that might explain it, 2.0's 84 version has an MP OS

that might affect it
Possibly, although it seems to work well enough on a real 84+SE running 2.53MP. Sad
Well, might as well wait for Dj then, I should go and see if I can grab his attention later Smile
qazz42 wrote:
Well, might as well wait for Dj then, I should go and see if I can grab his attention later Smile
That would be greatly appreciated; thanks for that. Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours