Yeah, I know; I have like 4 of these already Razz Anyways, I've been trying to think of some sort of text to put here, it's been bugging me that it's completely blank there. Any suggestions on just the words woud be greatly appreciated. I will find some font to match the text after I have the words.
Why not your handle, _player1537? I'm sure you could come up with some cool text effects (or I could help) so that it would look spiffy and coherent. If you wanted to use that in your Cemetech signature, though, you should probably cut down the height a bit.
Yeah, right now it is 2x as large as it will be when it's done. That's a good idea about using my handle. I'll look for some fonts or other things to go with that.
_player1537 wrote:
Yeah, right now it is 2x as large as it will be when it's done. That's a good idea about using my handle. I'll look for some fonts or other things to go with that.
I have a few lying around that I think might be nice, so perhaps you can try some, show them, and then I'll try one or two?
Sounds like a plan.
_player1537 wrote:
Sounds like a plan.
I'm thinking that dark gray, crimson, and maroon will probably be your primary palette, agreed?
Correct. Sounds right.

Edit:
Note to self: Make the text less thin. (btw, the first image will continually be updated, that is why it now shows text when the first post states it doesn't have text)
_player1537 wrote:
Correct. Sounds right.
Regarding the prototype that you showed on IRC, I thought the text was way too small and the font too thin.
How does it look now? (check the image in the first post)
_player1537 wrote:
How does it look now? (check the image in the first post)
Better, but it still doesn't really stand out in my opinion, plus once you scale it to 50% size I think it'll be quite hard to read. Let me know if you want me to try any concepts.
Tried once more with the current text design. If this one doesn't look good, I'll start totally over with the text Smile
I think that although your picture looks good, it isn't a picture that would go well with text.

Similarly, there are tons of great, high-quality pictures, but they don't always make good backgrounds. And there are tons of great backgrounds, but they don't always make for good pictures.
True. I just feel like there is some place I could add text to make it look good/right. Eh, until then I will just use it as is (no text)
tanner, the main problem I see with trying to add text to it is that the prevalent red makes red text difficult to see, the dark spots would make black text hard to see, and (disregarding how ugly white text looks) the light lightning bolts, wouldn't make it easier to see white text. Along with white text is hideously ugly IMHO.
MufinMcFlufin wrote:
tanner, the main problem I see with trying to add text to it is that the prevalent red makes red text difficult to see, the dark spots would make black text hard to see, and (disregarding how ugly white text looks) the light lightning bolts, wouldn't make it easier to see white text. Along with white text is hideously ugly IMHO.
If it was me, I would probably try to do something like this:

Ooh, that looks nice. Although, it doesn't really seem my style :/ It's more of Cemetech/your style. If someone can remind me or (*gasp*) I remember, I'll look up some nice text making tutorials in GiMP
I recommend these; there's lots you can do with this in GIMP, so don't worry about the fact that they're labeled as Photoshop tutorials:

http://smileyhelper.com/inspiration/42-best-photoshop-text-effect-tutorials/

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours