What feature would you like to see first in The World's Hardest Game?
Circular enemy movements
 10%  [ 1 ]
Door opened by a key pickup
 10%  [ 1 ]
Program-sized level editor
 40%  [ 4 ]
Checkerboard pattern in the background
 0%  [ 0 ]
Optimize for speed, different versions for 83+/84+
 40%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 10

84+BE, 2.43

edit: two pages now!
darl181 wrote:
84+BE, 2.43

edit: two pages now!
You mean it only thinks it has 32KB of archive in total? Shock I can only assume you've either uncovered some terrible Axe bug, or you have a ton of groups and archived programs.
Plenty of mem free (about 4-5 app-pages worth), it's a problem with TIOS, I think. I have no idea exactly what causes it.

Just noticed a serious problem. All of the levels I submitted in the zip file were made with WabbitEmu, which apparently doesn't have file exporting working. The levels are just empty. Dang it, after all that trouble there's still problems, sorry...

That being said, you can easily make your own levels with the level editor. You just have to make them on an emulator with working file exporting (ie tilem) or using a real calc.
Is there some place I can upload them (like, imageshack but for any files, specifically .zip)? Thanks in advance.
Mediafire.com

Edit: Out of curiosity, could you post your calc's serial code? It's on the very back and ends with 4 numbers and a letter, so it looks like: ****X
_player1537 wrote:
Mediafire.com

Edit: Out of curiosity, could you post your calc's serial code? It's on the very back and ends with 4 numbers and a letter, so it looks like: ****X
Can you also tell us what apps you have, and how much free RAM and ROM you have? You should also post in the WabbitStudio topic and bug Buckeye about the export bugs. Finally, you can update your program when you fix or improve things by going to The World's Hardest Game's file page and clicking the Update link at the bottom.
darl181 wrote:
Plenty of mem free (about 4-5 app-pages worth), it's a problem with TIOS, I think. I have no idea exactly what causes it.

Short version: user archive cannot use the same sector as an app.
Longer version: This means that, even with 63KiB of ROM free, you might not be able to send an app because that 1KiB of the sector is some program/appvar/etc.
This is also probably why the TI-OS gc's before receiving an app.
84PBE
BOOT code: 1.02
BASE code: 2.43
serial code: 2134126658 S-0305B
I know it's one of the old ones, probably has the extra RAM pages. Mem:
RAM free (as of now) 17970
Archive free ("") 68750

68750/16384=4.19
Four appslots free, that's plenty of space for apps.
Not necessarily; as calcdude said, if they're each partially taken up by large groups or programs, it might not work out. Do you have a bunch of groups and/or variables that are each at least 8192 bytes long?
I hope you fix the level soon. I would like to try the game on my calc and/or Wabbitemu but the levels end up being 16 bytes in Wabbitemu and on calc I get a transfer error.
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
I hope you fix the level soon. I would like to try the game on my calc and/or Wabbitemu but the levels end up being 16 bytes in Wabbitemu and on calc I get a transfer error.
Yup, same here. I ran into the same thing when I was optimizing a 1KB program for someone, except Wabbit dumped 1KB of noise at the beginning and 4KB of noise at the end, for a 6KB total program. Luckily I was able to use SourceCoder to cut out all the extraneous stuff.
I'll make some levels using tilem, file exporting actually works. And btw if you have the level editor (in the zip) then you can easily make your own levels...
darl181 wrote:
I'll make some levels using tilem, file exporting actually works. And btw if you have the level editor (in the zip) then you can easily make your own levels...
Indeed, I was thinking that too. Did you post in the Wabbit thread that I linked yet? I've reminded Buckeye a few times but since he doesn't seem to have any problems with exporting himself, I think we need more people to keep nagging him so the issue gets fixed.
I have a feeling he's been bugged about it already...I heard somewhere (maybe here, don't remember) that he had it fixed already and had encountered some independent bugs and it was those keeping back the release.
[/run-on sentence]

Anyway...
I've updated the file, it now has some bugfixes and...working levels!
Remember to press MATH at the level select screen.
Hmm apparently i didn't let you cemetechers know whats up with exporting...
First things first, I fixed the issue. The problem only occured in the release build, which is why I insisted it worked fine and you all are retarded Razz. However I'm unable to make a release because several other things are broken and I don't want to cause more problems. I'll try and stay up tonight and fix
BuckeyeDude wrote:
Hmm apparently i didn't let you cemetechers know whats up with exporting...
First things first, I fixed the issue. The problem only occured in the release build, which is why I insisted it worked fine and you all are retarded Razz. However I'm unable to make a release because several other things are broken and I don't want to cause more problems. I'll try and stay up tonight and fix
Thanks Buckeye, much appreciated. Why aren't you keep us up to date, though? Sad I'd love more frequent posts in your topic about how Wabbit is going. Smile
Odd...In the archive the update shows up, but there's no download "... .zip" link. I tried copying the download shortcut (this) and it says "Invalid format: ./83plus/asm/games/".
The info Page
darl181 wrote:
Odd...In the archive the update shows up, but there's no download "... .zip" link. I tried copying the download shortcut (this) and it says "Invalid format: ./83plus/asm/games/".
The info Page
Yeah, there was a glitch in the archives transfer script because of a recent script upgrade. I'll manually fix it for you.
Mediafire finally responded. Links below (they go to a page in mediafire).
The whole update--teacher Key bugfixes, working levels, "Parenthesis Bug" less of a problem
Just the levels
darl181 wrote:
Mediafire finally responded. Links below (they go to a page in mediafire).
The whole update--teacher Key bugfixes, working levels, "Parenthesis Bug" less of a problem
Just the levels
I unfortunately seem to have lost your updated zip here thanks to my ineptitude at coding (Razz), would you mind re-uploading the update to the archives?
KermMartian wrote:
would you mind re-uploading the update to the archives?

Sure thing. Just a minute...
Uploaded.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours