Back in the 1970s... All of the "expert" climate scientists believed humans were creating an ice age. My how things have changed.
If my understanding of Climate change theory is correct, that is a possible outcome; if temperature extremes keep rising back-and-forth in each direction...
DShiznit wrote:
If my understanding of Climate change theory is correct, that is a possible outcome; if temperature extremes keep rising back-and-forth in each direction...

That is why I keep using the phrase climate destabilization. Disruption of the NAC is (or was) frequently cited as a potential side effect of rapid short term warming that would result in the northern hemisphere becoming increasingly frigid.
I too am annoyed, not so much at the inaccuracy of the term "Global Warming", but with Fox News and other right-wing blowhards that use that inaccurate description as justification that all climate change theory is wrong just because it's also getting colder in winter...

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours