If going down the microcontroller route you could take a peer at the cheap ENC28J60 or similar and do away with the need for a computer entirely. Smile
benryves wrote:
If going down the microcontroller route you could take a peer at the cheap ENC28J60 or similar and do away with the need for a computer entirely. Smile
Ooooh, I like that idea a lot, BenRyves! And the units are onlu about USD3.00 in single quantities. Shock
Regarding the site server change, I didn't notice much difference in speed personally. Usually it loads fast and there's the occasional 3-4 seconds page loading every now and then. I just don't see 30 second page loading anymore really.
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
Regarding the site server change, I didn't notice much difference in speed personally. Usually it loads fast and there's the occasional 3-4 seconds page loading every now and then. I just don't see 30 second page loading anymore really.
Thanks, same here. Careful reading of that email with more coffee in me showed that the switchover had actually happened in June, so I don't know if that changes anything in your analysis. Smile
Oh it happened in June? I thought it was recent. X.x That might explain why I do not notice much difference. It usually happens when posting. It could very well be my internet or computer, though. I'll need to check the script execution time at the bottom of each page to investigate...
Yeah, I've noticed it get really slow when I post as well.
_player1537 wrote:
Yeah, I've noticed it get really slow when I post as well.
I've never really noticed that, although there are a lot of database accesses that need to be done when posts are made, and the database already has plenty of connections active thanks to SAX.
*bump* The CALCnet2.2 whitepaper has been updated with further information about the memory areas used by CALCnet, and the interrupt has tentatively been designed to properly deal with calculators set in 15MHz mode. I will require testing of this feature, and I also see that I need to fill in the Interfacing CALCnet2 section in the Doors CS wiki, as well as re-add its functions to the main SDK page. After I do that and fix the backoff, it's time for Doors CS 7.1 Beta 1! You can of course grab the CALCnet 2.2 Whitepaper here.
Nice work. Kerm, will CalcNet 2.2 provide commands for networking, for use in Basic progs, as a library of sorts?
ACagliano wrote:
Nice work. Kerm, will CalcNet 2.2 provide commands for networking, for use in Basic progs, as a library of sorts?
Thanks, Acagliano. At this juncture I have no plans to give BASIC programs access to CALCnet, although there have been many, many requests along these lines thus far. The biggest problems towards implementation would be to ensure the interrupt operated well with the TI-OS BASIC parser active. It's much easier to ensure that an ASM program isn't going to suddenly mess with interrupt state than it is for a BASIC program.
I've been looking through the PDF for a sort of "how-to". I've gathered so far that you splice the cables together or something. Is that it, or is there more (hardware-wise)?

Also, is there an easy way go get cables of this sort (not by mail)?
I think it's called a 2.5mm audio cable?
darl181 wrote:
I've been looking through the PDF for a sort of "how-to". I've gathered so far that you splice the cables together or something. Is that it, or is there more (hardware-wise)?

Also, is there an easy way go get cables of this sort (not by mail)?
I think it's called a 2.5mm audio cable?
It's as simple as splicing the cables together in parallel. Each cable has three wires: tip, ring, and ground (red, white, and copper). You simply connect the red wires from all your plugs together, the white wires from all your plugs together, and the coppers all together, forming three parallel star arrangements. Nothing more to it, no chips, no circuit boards, no soldering. Smile I believe some 2.5mm stereo audio cables will work; one caveat is that you might need to shave down the plastic around the plugs in commercial audio cables for it to fit properly into the calculator's link port, especially on the TI-84+ series. Also, it has to be 2.5mm or 3/32" plugs, not 3.5mm or 1/8" plugs.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours