*Ads
*Projects
*<Special Topic> [This week: KermMartian talks about Hardware]
*Programming Help [TI-BASIC]
*Programming Help [Axe]
*Programming Help [ASM]
*Final Words

This is the current agenda.
That sounds like a plan. Do you have any word on who will be joining us for this one? And I'm Kerm Martian, btw; the concatenation is just for the sake of usernames. Smile
I think I heard that the mighty Weregoose may appear! Neutral

But, doubtfulface is doubtful.
I'll join and do what I did last week, try and answer any questions, and show off my computer Razz
Haha. Indeed, Tanner. Make sure you do that. I actually found it very entertaining.
Haha, just doing my job >Razz
_player1537 wrote:
Haha, just doing my job >Razz

Quite the job it is. Smile Are you going to contribute a bit more in the programming help section though?
Definitely, that's the part I found the most fun Smile I think I was semi-afk during that part though, or tired (latter more likely)
_player1537 wrote:
Definitely, that's the part I found the most fun Smile I think I was semi-afk during that part though, or tired (latter more likely)
Ah, sorry to hear it. Raylin, did you resolve your webcam issues?
_player1537 wrote:

Eh. We enjoyed your company. Razz

EDIT: Ninja'd by the Kerm. Nah. Kerm, I didn't but I'll see if I can't make a floormate give me one.
You could use that VLC program that has a feature to make your desktop screen into a sort of webcam. So we could see what you see on the computer screen Smile
_player1537 wrote:
You could use that VLC program that has a feature to make your desktop screen into a sort of webcam. So we could see what you see on the computer screen Smile

That could work.

Also, I am making the show a bit more professional. I'll try to keep to a script as best as I can...
Raylin wrote:
_player1537 wrote:

That could work.

Also, I am making the show a bit more professional. I'll try to keep to a script as best as I can...
I like that idea, let's do it. Obviously I'll be doing the Cemetech ad; who else is advertising? I think we should consider having only one or two "hosts" with webcam views during the tutorial/lecture parts, and allow others to have their webcams up during the discussions and Q and A. Thoughts?
KermMartian wrote:
I like that idea, let's do it. Obviously I'll be doing the Cemetech ad; who else is advertising? I think we should consider having only one or two "hosts" with webcam views during the tutorial/lecture parts, and allow others to have their webcams up during the discussions and Q and A. Thoughts?

I like that idea as well.
Webcam only allowed for the hosts during lecture on consequence of ban. (Sorry, I can't kick you out of broadcasting mode in tinychat. Sad )
They should definitely add more fine-grained administration tools for the host of a tinychat. :/ Also, tell me more about this VLC desktop-broadcasting thing. I haven't heard anything conclusion yet about VLC (the media player) being used to emulate a webcam but instead show a live screenshot.
Lecture? What do you mean?
If you mean things like "Kerm talks about hardware", then that's understandable. But perhaps we could get permission to broadcast (at least voice, if not vid) from the host during that?
If you mean for tutorials, I have an idea. How about those who can give tutorials take turns doing it (permission to broadcast being passed along by the current speaker), so that all knowledgeable members can take have a turn?
As for using VLC to do that, I'm not even sure it's possible Sad The only tool I've found so far is here and it's paid with a 21-day free trial.
calcdude84se wrote:
Lecture? What do you mean?
If you mean things like "Kerm talks about hardware", then that's understandable. But perhaps we could get permission to broadcast (at least voice, if not vid) from the host during that?
That's what I meant, and I was thinking everyone could keep voice; it would just make life easier to avoid cluttering up with a lot of video streams.
Quote:
If you mean for tutorials, I have an idea. How about those who can give tutorials take turns doing it (permission to broadcast being passed along by the current speaker), so that all knowledgeable members can take have a turn?
For sure.
Quote:
As for using VLC to do that, I'm not even sure it's possible Sad The only tool I've found so far is here and it's paid with a 21-day free trial.
Sad
Give me some time to do some research, and I can find a program I used forever ago, it had voice chat session enabled by a button or always enabled, and I believe you can make a channel for free for this, with a password to be able to get in if you want.

Let me know and I will look for it.
Sonlen wrote:
Give me some time to do some research, and I can find a program I used forever ago, it had voice chat session enabled by a button or always enabled, and I believe you can make a channel for free for this, with a password to be able to get in if you want.

Let me know and I will look for it.
It sounds to me like you're describing TinyChat, which has just those features. Smile
^++ This
TinyChat has exactly what you've described, though it's a flash program, not a stand-alone one.
calcdude84se wrote:
^++ This
TinyChat has exactly what you've described, though it's a flash program, not a stand-alone one.

It is like tiny chat, no video though, but it is awfully hard to have mic issues if you know it works, but now that I think about it, it wouldn't be much of a difference.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 3 of 20
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours