So, I bet some people have already heard about this (especially if you've checked Omnimaga in the past few days), but I haven't found any discussion on the forums...

Casio, one of those other manufacturers of graphing calculators, recently announced a new graphing calculator called the Prizm. What's unique about it is that it has a 216x384 65,536 color display.

It's coming out in January 2011. Here's a picture, which was uploaded by kucalc and posted on Omnimaga:

And here's the Omnimaga thread on it, with lots of discussion already.

Hopefully this will cause TI to make some better calculators to compete with it...
The TI-Nspire got slapped because I am sure this has asm support...

TI better step up their game
It's got a nice keypad. Wow.
Interesting. TI better get on the color bandwagon Razz
Fun fact: Casio once made a three-color (four color? eight color?) passive LCD calculator, which I saw at Staples at least ten (yes, 10) years ago and coveted for a while until they stopped carrying it. Now you know.
KermMartian wrote:
Fun fact: Casio once made a three-color (four color? eight color?) passive LCD calculator, which I saw at Staples at least ten (yes, 10) years ago and coveted for a while until they stopped carrying it. Now you know.

I think an acquaintance of mine has one of those. At the very least, it's an old-looking CASIO calc with a color LCD.
Yeah, but didnt that one have no azzum support?
qazz42 wrote:

Who needs ASM when you have COLOR! Very Happy Razz
azzum on a color calc == very good GBC/NES emulators
KeithJohansen wrote:
qazz42 wrote:

Who needs ASM when you have COLOR! Very Happy Razz
Here's ater model of the one I was thinking of; the one I used was an earlier model.

http://www.amazon.com/Casio-CFX-9850GC-Graphing-Calculator-White/dp/B00004TVDN
KermMartian wrote:
And knowing is half the battle, Gooooo JOE!
I attempted to send a message to them about asm, the form they had for asking questions just gave me an error `-`
qazz42 wrote:
I attempted to send a message to them about asm, the form they had for asking questions just gave me an error `-`
That's frustrating, sorry to hear it. Sad TC01, do you have any CASIO-sourced links about this product?
That site, http://www.casioeducation.com/prizm/ , is hard to navigate. It's nie eye candy but it's a little unconvential. But I suppose the calculator is Very Happy
I used to own a Casio with the colour LCD, it's annoying more than useful. As the colours are never crisp or vibrant. And the BASIC it used outclassed TI-BASIC on the 83/+ line, it was more of a caliber of the 85/6 series. And if I remember there was a mention on some forum about running ASM on it, but it wouldn't have been very much worth it. Also, the LCD was cheap, in that it was 3 LCDs layered over one another. So there was a pseudo and weird 3D effect to it.
CDI wrote:
I used to own a Casio with the colour LCD, it's annoying more than useful. As the colours are never crisp or vibrant. And the BASIC it used outclassed TI-BASIC on the 83/+ line, it was more of a caliber of the 85/6 series. And if I remember there was a mention on some forum about running ASM on it, but it wouldn't have been very much worth it. Also, the LCD was cheap, in that it was 3 LCDs layered over one another. So there was a pseudo and weird 3D effect to it.

That actually sounds pretty awesome. Imagine using offset red/green layers to simulate anaglyph 3D...
comicIDIOT wrote:
That site, http://www.casioeducation.com/prizm/ , is hard to navigate. It's nie eye candy but it's a little unconvential. But I suppose the calculator is Very Happy
Thanks for that, I happened to wander across the same link on Engadget. I'd prefer fewer colorful marketing tricks and more tech specs. Razz @CDI: The one I saw was about what you're describing; what do you mean about ASM not being worth it. @DShiznit, whoa, epic idea!
CDI wrote:

hmm, did it have a link port?
I found some more official-looking information on casiocalc.org, the somewhat sparse equivalent (?) of ticalc.org:

http://www.casiocalc.org/?showtopic=4975
O_O

16 MB flash memory! that is alot!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 10
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours