In light of recent events, I have decided that it's necessary to talk some programming sense into these young'uns. So, I am creating a show for the community called "Have Calc? Will Program!" or "HCWP" for short, an audio-only web show. On here, I will start giving out tips, optimizations, and pointers for all of those wary calc programmers...
The entire show is set up, ready to go and I would be honored if the followed people would join me:

*KermMartian
*Weregoose
*Quigibo
*calc84maniac

The show starts at 7:00 Central Time. Smile Listen to it! It will change the way you program games and anything else!

I will advertise when it gets closer to that time. Smile
Sure, sounds like fun! 7pm Central Time is 8pm Eastern, which will work well for me. Do you have a basic outline?
Yes.

It shall be simple.

*Introductions
*Basics
*Advertisements for both Cemetech and Omnimaga
*Coding tips [TI-BASIC]
*Coding tips [Axe]
*Coding tips [ASM]
*Final Words/ Summary
Sounds like a plan. Smile Have you gotten any other responses yet?
Not yet. I'm waiting for the Goose and everyone else. :\

Who has a webcam?
Raylin wrote:
Not yet. I'm waiting for the Goose and everyone else. :\

Who has a webcam?
I do, so technically we could do a Skype multi-user webchat, but that wouldn't really help people who were trying to tune in, since it's limited to 10 users.
I was thinking TinyChat. Very Happy
Raylin wrote:
I was thinking TinyChat. Very Happy
I'm not personally familiar with that software, I'm afraid.
It's online and free. Smile
/me wants to watch Very Happy

sounds good, I could lrn a thing or two from you 1337 people
http://tinychat.com/havecalc

Room is open!
Raylin wrote:
I'm in it! Although we're still having AV problems. Sad
*bump* Screenshot of the current session in progress!

This was a HUGE success! We have established a weekly time for this which is every Wednesday at 7pm Central Time!

But, this topic in-between that time is for questions you want answered on the show! Talk to me, people! Smile
Raylin wrote:
This was a HUGE success! We have established a weekly time for this which is every Wednesday at 7pm Central Time!

But, this topic in-between that time is for questions you want answered on the show! Talk to me, people! Smile
Definitely! I think the primary area of our requested questions is programming tricks, tips, and help, in TI-BASIC, ASM, and Axe, but I'm sure all kinds of other questions would be welcome, like questions about people's projects, hardware mods, etc.
Well said, Kerm! Please do not hesitate to talk to us about that kind of stuff! Even if you just pop to flaunt your project, that's fine too. Smile
Raylin wrote:
Well said, Kerm! Please do not hesitate to talk to us about that kind of stuff! Even if you just pop to flaunt your project, that's fine too. Smile
Absolutely, it's always good to hear what people are up to. I for one am all for advertising your projects; you'll always find someone who has somehow managed to have never heard of it before.
Sad I wish I could have stuck around for the first one...
qazz42 wrote:
Sad I wish I could have stuck around for the first one...
Yeah, it was a lot of fun. It's nice to meet / re-meet everyone, discuss calculators and the community in a more open format than pure text, and share knowledge. I'm looking forward to the next one; Raylin asked if I would discuss some hardware stuff like modding and peripherals briefly in the next one.
Hopefully next time if you take a screen shot it's not when I'm mid-word...

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 20
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours