Well, just recently, it seems my flash drive is write protected, this means I cant move, delete, or put it new files

I dont know how to undo this..

help? (btw, there is no write protection switch)
What kind of flash drive is it?
it is a staples flash drive

and it is FAT32 I beleive
qazz42 wrote:
Well, just recently, it seems my flash drive is write protected, this means I cant move, delete, or put it new files

I dont know how to undo this..

help? (btw, there is no write protection switch)

Ummm.... can you copy stuff off of it?
If so, copy it all into a folder on your desktop, then format it, that should do the trick.
yeah, but when I try to format it, it says that it is write protected and wont let me
qazz42 wrote:
yeah, but when I try to format it, it says that it is write protected and wont let me

I forgot that blocks that too, post a screenie of the properties please.

there ya go, if the tags are broken, then someone fix it

Edit by Tanner: When you try to post images from image shack, use the direct link. Else, you can take a link like the one you posted, and right-click on the image and select "Copy image URL". That should fix it Smile
qazz42 wrote:

there ya go, if the tags are broken, then someone fix it
They are broken, and you fix it yourself. Razz Did you try right-clicking in the root folder of the drive, going to Properties, and checking that in the Security tab your user has full control?
Yeah, img tags no longer wish to agree with me...

Anyways, there is no security tab, strange (unless you are thinking I am using xp?)
qazz42 wrote:
Yeah, img tags no longer wish to agree with me...

Anyways, there is no security tab, strange (unless you are thinking I am using xp?)
I'm assuming that you're using Windows 7 or Vista.
ah, in which case, there seems not to be a "security" tab

all I have is general, tools, hardware, sharing, readyboost, and customize
I think it's in sharing where you set permissions.
hhmm, ok then, now what would I have to do?
*bump*

well, I give up, I dont seem to make it useable...

I am going to staples to get a new USB drive >.<
Sometimes the chips on these things go bad, and that can manifest like this. It's possible that the flash drive is just dead Sad
merthsoft wrote:
Sometimes the chips on these things go bad, and that can manifest like this. It's possible that the flash drive is just dead Sad
This is very unfortunately true. Sad I hope that you didn't have anything irreplaceable that you didn't back up and can't get off the drive, although it sounded like you didn't have too much trouble getting stuff off the drive. What kind are you getting, Qazz?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours