I recently was doing a bit of programming and when I was almost finished I realized that I forgot an important line. I really dont want to delete 50+ lines and I dont know how to add lines without overwriting... So does anyone know the procedure for it?
I am sorry if this is in the wrong forum and if you can see, I am fairly new Razz.

I also happened to find some bugs (if they are even bugs) in Doors CS7 which I will list below.

-If you rename a program using Doors then you can no longer edit the program using the calculator. You must use Doors (No I did not go over the word limit or write in lowercase)
-If you are using the following code
:Axesoff
:Ctrlhome
:CtrlDraw
And you try checking the program to see if it works it "skips" the last page. Meaning that the last page you use it automatically ends the program. However if you execute the program regularly (meaning by pressing Programs and executing) the program wont automatically end.

Thanks for the help guys Smile
Hi Bob, in order to insert a line inside a BASIC program, press 2nd and then Enter above where you want to insert the line.
As for the DCS things, you should make another post in the DCS forum about those.
I think he is talking about [2nd][Del] that will let you insert a line. At least that was the way I read it. [2nd][Enter] will overwrite the current line with the last thing entered on the homescreen.

Edit: Oh and hi Bob! Welcome to Cemetech!
Oops, yup, that's what I meant. I left out the Del (which is INS after you press 2nd). Good catch, _player. Sorry about that. You do still need to press enter after that, though.
So, 2nd-del-enter.
Oh thanks alot!
Razz i had that exact same problem when trying to figure out basic on my own.
it always seemed odd to me that ti made ins and del the same key...

EDIT: oh, and hithur. pleasure to meet you
Welcome back, Bob! Glad to see that you have some programming questions once you got DCS working.

Bobiscoolio wrote:
I recently was doing a bit of programming and when I was almost finished I realized that I forgot an important line. I really dont want to delete 50+ lines and I dont know how to add lines without overwriting... So does anyone know the procedure for it?
I am sorry if this is in the wrong forum and if you can see, I am fairly new Razz.
As everyone said, [2nd][DEL] turns on insertion mode.

Bobiscoolio wrote:
I also happened to find some bugs (if they are even bugs) in Doors CS7 which I will list below.

-If you rename a program using Doors then you can no longer edit the program using the calculator. You must use Doors (No I did not go over the word limit or write in lowercase)
The program is edit-locked now. Just right-click the program and choose (un)Lock.

Bobiscoolio wrote:
-If you are using the following code
:Axesoff
:Ctrlhome
:CtrlDraw
And you try checking the program to see if it works it "skips" the last page. Meaning that the last page you use it automatically ends the program. However if you execute the program regularly (meaning by pressing Programs and executing) the program wont automatically end.
*ClrHome *ClrDraw, I think. Smile I'm confused by your use of the word "page"; can you be more specific?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours