The treads are motorized, and running on a tether from my brother's lego train power supply it can cruise (for short distances). Unfortunately the steering is powered, but we do have removable locking bars to keep it going straight when under power.

cool
Looks really cool elfprince! Very Happy

My only suggestion is to add Lego Mindstorms bricks to it so you can program it.
souvik1997 wrote:
Looks really cool elfprince! Very Happy

My only suggestion is to add Lego Mindstorms bricks to it so you can program it.

<3 mindstorm! Very Happy But it seems like it would take up too much space, and it's kind of a small model compared to the Mindstorms brick...

Awesome btw Elfprince Smile
Looks awesome, Elfprince! And thanks for finally bumping a new topic to the head of the Building with Blocks subforum; it was pining away. Smile
If I had gone mindstorms, I would have done so by tether, but I didn't have any of the mini motors I would have needed for steering, so I didn't.
I once tried to run my motorized lego imperial walker in the snow, but I think this might be cooler, especially since you designed it yourself...
DShiznit wrote:
I once tried to run my motorized lego imperial walker in the snow, but I think this might be cooler, especially since you designed it yourself...
Haha, that sounds epic; I would love to see video of that. How big was this walker (I hope huge)?
DShiznit wrote:

I'd take a video of it this winter, but most builds have a fairly short half life in the Dickerson residence. And I do mean half life, because it's a measure of how long it takes for half the remaining pieces to be relocated into a new build.
elfprince13 wrote:
DShiznit wrote:

I'd take a video of it this winter, but most builds have a fairly short half life in the Dickerson residence. And I do mean half life, because it's a measure of how long it takes for half the remaining pieces to be relocated into a new build.
Hehe, I remember life being like that back when I used my LEGOs more regularly, but I'm sad to admit that it's been years since I built anything LEGOy. Sad
Having younger siblings is a boon in that respect.
You're lucky. My younger sibling just plays Halo all day and night.
DShiznit wrote:
You're lucky. My younger sibling just plays Halo all day and night.
Meh, I'm worried that future generations aren't going to have any motivation to build and create. :/

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours