I drew these up today to go in the upcoming (eventually) whitepaper / tutorial for using CALCnet 2.2 in your own programs. Compare to the CALCnet and CALCnet 2 logos:

cool, lookin fine!
The lines on the color ones (the first two) on the arrow look a little jagged, is there a way to smooth those out?
qazz42 wrote:
cool, lookin fine!
Sweet. Smile The intention is for the top two to be for readmes/documentation, the third one to be incorporated into other, larger logos, and the last to be used for oncalc purposes.

Edit: @Merth: part of that is a Moiré effect because you're viewing partial transparency on a non-white background. I'll try to mitigate that better, though.
I like the CN2 logo better. I don't think a minor version change (albeit a big change?) doesn't warrant a logo revision.

comicIDIOT wrote:
I like the CN2 logo better. I don't think a minor version change (albeit a big change?) doesn't warrant a logo revision.

Yeah, but it's four years later, plus it works oncalc has has broadcasting now, and I love designing logos. Very Happy I can try to build features of the 2.0 logo into the 2.2 logo if people want.
KermMartian wrote:
I can try to build features of the 2.0 logo into the 2.2 logo if people want.
Please!
comicIDIOT wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Please!
What specifically? I'm pretty happy with the new colors and font; it would mainly be the arrow style and the pixelated backdrop.
Those look pretty nice Smile
The logos are all pretty. IMO, the one that Comic Idiot and everybody is voting for is the best. If your still drawing them, try making one in calculator resolution. I want to see what that would look like Smile
I actually like the new logo 2.2 logo more but it could use some AA or something to make it look less jagged.
KermMartian wrote:
comicIDIOT wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Please!
What specifically? I'm pretty happy with the new colors and font; it would mainly be the arrow style and the pixelated backdrop.
Yeah. I like the "globe" and the arrow when they are separated. Connecting the arrow to the "globe" makes it feel like a letter in my eyes so I read it "CCalcnet" with some fancy under-line.
Aight, I hear that; that's helpful feedback, and definitely something that I can work on. I'll try some prototype logos based on those suggestions tomorrow and post them up for you guys to critique.
I like the new logos, but do agree with the "CC" aspect. Maybe lower it a bit?
alberthrocks wrote:
I like the new logos, but do agree with the "CC" aspect. Maybe lower it a bit?
Lower what? The brightness? The opacity? The vertical position of the curved arrow?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours