zeromp wrote:
1) View Options: Allow the user to view the programs in a list rather than icons.
Doubtful in DCS itself, although with the tools it offers to BASIC and ASM programs, someone could very easily built a list-based shell with DCS libraries.

zeromp wrote:
2) Allow the user to disable the mouse and simply use the arrow keys to highlight programs/icons/options
Already exists; it's called TabFuncs 2 and is built in. Use [XTOn] and [STAT] to tab, [2nd] to select.
zeromp wrote:
3) In the file system, allow access to all variables in the TI-OS including pics, real, strings, etc.
I doubt that would be a widely-popular feature. One cool idea would be a program with the same icon as the DCS folder icon that would list the pictures for example, so it would be like the user was entering a Pictures folder.
zeromp wrote:
4) Grayscale menus instead of black-white grid
I have <1000 bytes free in a 48KB shell for new features. Smile I don't see this happening any time in the near future.
yeah!
grayscale would definitely be a super plus in anything...

if i remember correctly... there hasn't been a really good shell with grayscale...

Smile
thought its not really necessary at this moment i guess....

as always... (more of a novelty)
Exactly, that's why there hasn't really been one. All the shell creators of the popular shells are too busy adding features and exterminating bugs to worry horribly much about eye-candy like grayscale. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
Exactly, that's why there hasn't really been one. All the shell creators of the popular shells are too busy adding features and exterminating bugs to worry horribly much about eye-candy like grayscale. Smile

but you have to admit...
it would make DCS7 a one of a kind shell...

not that it isn't already XD
Agreedment with Valkery. Including greyscale would push DCS over the edge and leave all of the other shells further behind than they already are.
But don't forget how much more space that would most likely add on to it, though if it can be implemented and still a decent size, grayscale would throw DCS7 to the number 1 shell period.
Make two versions of DoorsCS then:

DoorsCS Basic (48KB monochromatic app)
DoorsCS Premium (>48KB gray-scale app [maybe with some other unnecessary graphical goodies too])

People who can't afford the space for the extra features can use DCS Basic and people who can can use DCS Premium Very Happy
yeah!
i am so glad that you guys all agree with me! Smile

GRAYSCALE FTW!!!
;p
Hmm, a DCS7 Lite would be epic Smile
qazz42 wrote:
Hmm, a DCS7 Lite would be epic Smile

Lite how?
Confused
KeithJohansen wrote:
Make two versions of DoorsCS then:

DoorsCS Basic (48KB monochromatic app)
DoorsCS Premium (>48KB gray-scale app [maybe with some other unnecessary graphical goodies too])

People who can't afford the space for the extra features can use DCS Basic and people who can can use DCS Premium Very Happy

I love this idea! Do it now Very Happy
Though this may not be what qazz had in mine, I actually have wondered if it would be possible to have a smaller app with just the DCS7 libs. I could envision that there are people who aren't interested in switching to the DCS GUI, but still want to be able to use programs that use the DCS7 libs.
So here's what I heard

1) Doors CS sucks
2) Doors CS is too small
3) Doors CS is too big
4) Doors CS has too many features
5) Doors CS has too few features
6) Please ignore your real life and instead pander to our every demand.

Kknothxbye.
KermMartian wrote:
So here's what I heard

1) Doors CS sucks
2) Doors CS is too small
3) Doors CS is too big

Kknothxbye.

yes! XD

just joking HAHA
WhiteValkery wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
So here's what I heard

1) Doors CS sucks
2) Doors CS is too small
3) Doors CS is too big

Kknothxbye.

yes! XD

just joking HAHA
What?
KermMartian wrote:
WhiteValkery wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
So here's what I heard

1) Doors CS sucks
2) Doors CS is too small
3) Doors CS is too big

Kknothxbye.

yes! XD

just joking HAHA
What?

oh... no...
nothing... i was just fooling around...

i am quite busy... so i am actually only able to make really short posts now that are really simple and dont have much purpose in them.... :/
Yes, me too, my life is quite angsty and stressful, hence my somewhat short-tempered reply. Razz
KermMartian wrote:
Yes, me too, my life is quite angsty and stressful, hence my somewhat short-tempered reply. Razz

i would say great minds think alike... but then again... i am no where near where you are....

i have just begun my journey in to the programming world... Idea
KermMartian wrote:
So here's what I heard

1) Doors CS sucks
2) Doors CS is too small
3) Doors CS is too big

Kknothxbye.

Woah woah woah.... I think we've got a slight misunderstanding going on here.... Kerm has a real life? Evil or Very Mad

*Keith hides behind the nearest shmibs*
ok, perhaps I shall rephrase my sentence

"DCS IS AWSOME! It would be cool if you made a special "lite" version for some people who want DCS but dont want all the features Razz"

happy? cause thats what I meant (I would not be one of those people, I like the full DCS too much)

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 41, 42, 43  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 16 of 43
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours