So I just bought this thing. I know some of you have experience with ASM and whatnot and I was wondering what kind of project ideas I could start with to get into messing with this thing.

Any ideas?
Do you have any other electronic components knocking around? I'm not sure I can think of any particularly interesting projects that involve one switch and two LEDs. Something that waits for you to tap out a sequence on the button, then plays the sequence back out to you on the LED? A clock that outputs the current time in morse code when you press the button?
benryves wrote:
Do you have any other electronic components knocking around? I'm not sure I can think of any particularly interesting projects that involve one switch and two LEDs. Something that waits for you to tap out a sequence on the button, then plays the sequence back out to you on the LED? A clock that outputs the current time in morse code when you press the button?
I love them all! Very Happy Congrats for finally getting your Launchpad, Mexi; in the other topic here about it I think a lot of people mentioned that they had ordered them, but they were all massively backordered.
benryves wrote:
Something that waits for you to tap out a sequence on the button, then plays the sequence back out to you on the LED? A clock that outputs the current time in morse code when you press the button?

I thought of the first one and thought that maybe that would help me with basic I/O things. Also, I was wondering what kind of background I should achieve in assembly before I get started and where I could find resources to get there.
Chances are you'll only have to use assembly for time-critical operations, so I'd suggest getting stuck in with C for now.
Do you happen to be familiar with the launchpad? I looked through the datasheet for it but it's German to me...
I'm afraid I'm not. Is there anything in particular you're having difficulty with? Have you tried reading through one of the tutorials/sample programs?
benryves wrote:
I'm afraid I'm not. Is there anything in particular you're having difficulty with? Have you tried reading through one of the tutorials/sample programs?
^This. I often find the best way to learn a new language (or platform, sometimes) is to dive into some code, try to figure it out, then look up things that confuse me. That's the way I've learned almost every language I write except possibly C, which I was forced to learn in a class but with which I already had at least syntactical familiarity via PHP.
I learnt (and am still learning) C# from a book
qazz42 wrote:
I learnt (and am still learning) C# from a book
But you're not just reading the book, correct? You're also writing code, failing at some things, succeeding at others, and generally learning, correct?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours