alberthrocks.us.to
 25%  [ 2 ]
withg.us.to
 62%  [ 5 ]
Other (specify in a reply)
 12%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 8

...and no, this isn't an OTcalc poll in disguise. Wink

I found this awesome VPS plan (Economy, here: http://www.hostfolks.com/hosting/vps/), and I'm in a need of a domain/subdomain to go with it.

There are 2 I've registered:
alberthrocks.us.to (my username)
withg.us.to (with vigorous and enthusiastic enjoyment = with gusto)

If you are suggesting another domain, it has to be from freedns.afraid.org, preferably ending with .us.to.

I need a consensus by Sept. 14, 12 PM EST/EDT! Smile
I voted withg.us.to.
Well, that's it folks! Smile
From Cemetech and this site, alberthrocks.us.to got 5+0=5 votes, and withg.us.to got 4+2=6 (first num is Omni, 2nd is Ceme). And of course, Netham45's lovely "Other" selection is nullified, due to no name specified. Razz

Needless to say, withg.us.to is the domain name! Smile No worries though - alberthrocks.us.to will still point to the server, but the VPS settings will say withg.us.to.

Thanks for voting! Very Happy I'll keep ya updated, and when ready, might let some peeps onto my VPS! Very Happy
I like WithG.us.to, since I suggested it. Wink
@KermMartian: haha, true Smile

I've ordered the VPS! Very Happy

Here's the info below: (I've removed any personal info)
Quote:
Dear Albert *** (N/A),

This is a payment receipt for Invoice **** sent on 09/14/2010

VPS Package #1 - withg.us.to (09/14/2010 - 10/13/2010)
VPS Location: Scranton, PA - USA
Operating System: Debian 5 32 Bit
Additional CPU Cores: None
Additional RAM: None
Additional Disk Space: None
Additonal IP Addresses: None
Bandwidth Upgrades: None
Remote Backup: Monthly Backup $5.95 USD
------------------------------------------------------
Sub Total: $5.95 USD
Credit: $0.00 USD
Total: $5.95 USD

Amount: $5.95 USD
Transaction #: ********
Total Paid: $5.95 USD
Remaining Balance: $0.00 USD

You may review your invoice history at any time by logging in to your client area.

Note: This email will serve as an official receipt for this payment.

Regards,
Hostfolks Internet / Serverfolks
www.hostfolks.com
www.serverfolks.com
domains.hostfolks.com

Now for the magical setup email... Razz
Your plan is quite decent! One day I might have to switch to VPS or even dedicated hosting myself. :/ I look forward to seeing how you like it.
From the vps I have used I think there lovely things for the price. ^_^ only thing though is your the security your the well every thing so you make the web server secure you make the site secure and if you get a virus its YOUR problem.
unlike on a shared hosting plan where they will try to help you a bit sometimes....

albertho dont forget about teh 1337.cx domain on freedns.afraid.org

i have one on there Razz
geekboy1011 wrote:
From the vps I have used I think there lovely things for the price. ^_^ only thing though is your the security your the well every thing so you make the web server secure you make the site secure and if you get a virus its YOUR problem.
unlike on a shared hosting plan where they will try to help you a bit sometimes....

i have one on there Razz
Holy hell, dude, you seriously need to work more on punctuation and grammar.

*VPS *they're *Only *you're *security, *you're *the, *well, *everything, *secure, *secure, *This is unlike

*don't *the *org.
geekboy1011 wrote:

i have one on there Razz

hehe, I think you were either very sleepy or drunk when writing this reply. Razz

I can easily harden the server with plenty of virus scanners and firewalls, so no worries. Smile And VPSes do have the nice control, so it's worth the effort and price. Wink
Alberthro, no, he always writes post like that. If you're running Ubuntu, then virii aren't too much of a problem yet, although a good firewall would be a good idea.
You got a total steal of a deal! 6 dollars for a domain name. (LUCKY) I paid twice that for the domain name, then 40 dollars on the hosting. Good service though...
adept wrote:
You got a total steal of a deal! 6 dollars for a domain name. (LUCKY) I paid twice that for the domain name, then 40 dollars on the hosting. Good service though...
No, it's $6 per month for the VPS hosting, or $72 per year. His domain is one of the free domains (I have a *.us.to domain that I use for my home networ).

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours