http://www.minecraft.net/
Yeah, I've seen some stuff about this before, but it just doesn't seem as flexible or interesting as Blockland / TBM / Freebuild to me. Basically, it seems like Blockland with flat boring maps and only cubes to build with.
Kerm: The random map generator is actually very powerful, though it is more limited than Blockland. But the most impressive thing to me is the random map generator, I've gotten really impressive maps with huge winding caves and awesome mountain ranges. But on the topic of minecraft, a programmer friend of mine here in Arkansas (yes, I'm not the only one with a computer in the state, amazing, I know) told me he was a bit butthurt about Notch's (the creator) success with blockland. Check out what my friend was working on in a similar dev community right before minecraft development started: http://imgur.com/Rfy00.jpg Look familiar?
Everyone plays Minecraft at school, there's even a friend who wants to do a Minecraft clone.
I've played a bit and found it mildly interesting. I prefer Dwarf Fortress, personally, though.
Infiniminer came first
juju2143 wrote:
Everyone plays Minecraft at school, there's even a friend who wants to do a Minecraft clone.
If he or she is a decent coder, you should convince him or her to come here and help develop Freebuild! I haven't heard any dev news on the project in a very, very long time.

@Pseudo: That looks shockily similar to Green Hills or whatever that default Blockland map was called.
Kerm: it's a voxel based random map generator. Which minecraft also happens to be.
Pseudoprogrammer wrote:
Kerm: it's a voxel based random map generator. Which minecraft also happens to be.
Sorry, didn't read carefully enough. Yup, that's shockingly similar to Minecraft...

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours