I had an idea to modify the GBA (not SP cause of shape and it dont have a headphone port) to create my own game console.mods include a rechargable battery pack, lightup lcd, and a booting program
That's a good idea. The backlit LCD and rechargeable battery back would be easy. The "booting program" (what's that), not as much. I've moved your thread to Electronics Hardware and Development, by the way.
Anakclusmos wrote:
I had an idea to modify the GBA (not SP cause of shape and it dont have a headphone port) to create my own game console.mods include a rechargable battery pack, lightup lcd, and a booting program

good luck, GBAs are awsome

(I wonder if a GBA emulator can be made for the nspire...)
Didn't calc84 already do that? Does a GBC emulator not by definition emulated the GBA? Also, qazz, please don't space out your signature like that.
No, GBC and GBA are totally different.

Think of the GBC as the NES and the GBA as the SNES. That kind of difference.
tifreak8x wrote:
No, GBC and GBA are totally different.

Think of the GBC as the NES and the GBA as the SNES. That kind of difference.
Ahhhh, I thought it went the other way around. You can see how in touch I was with the video gaming scene as a child. Razz
yeah, but it is possible to emulate the snes ...
Here is another bit of info. to think about Kerm, most gbc game files are typically 1,024 kb and 2,048 kb, while gba game files are typically
16,000 kb and 32,000 kb. If that means anything to you
qazz42 wrote:
Yeah, but a slow machine that can emulate an NES can't necessarily emulate an SNES, whereas something that can emulate an SNES almost definitely can emulate an NES. Similarly, just because the Nspire can emulate a GBC doesn't mean it has enough capabilities to emulate a GBA in anything close to realtime.
KermMartian wrote:
qazz42 wrote:
Yeah, but a slow machine that can emulate an NES can't necessarily emulate an SNES, whereas something that can emulate an SNES almost definitely can emulate an NES. Similarly, just because the Nspire can emulate a GBC doesn't mean it has enough capabilities to emulate a GBA in anything close to realtime.

That is a slight understatement, the Nintendo DS cannot even emulate a GBA game.
Take that into thought.
Exactly, hence my thoughts that it's very possible that the Nspire would be incapable of anything close to emulating a GBA, especially with those size stats you're quoting me.
Quote:
Manufacturer Nintendo
Product family Game Boy line
Type Handheld game console
Generation Sixth generation era
Retail availability
JP March 21, 2001
NA June 11, 2001
PAL June 22, 2001
Units sold Worldwide: 81.50 million, all versions combined (as of December 31, 2009).
Japan: 16.96 million
Americas: 41.64 million
Other: 22.89 million[1]
Media Cartridge
CPU ARM7TDMI, 16.78 MHz
Graphics Custom 2D core
Best-selling game Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire, 13 million combined (as of November 25, 2004)[2]
Pokémon Emerald, 6.32 million (as of March 31, 2007)[3]
Backward
compatibility Game Boy, Game Boy Color
Predecessor Game Boy Color
Successor Game Boy Advance SP
What's your point? The TI runs a similar z80-ish processor to the Gameboy original, but that doesn't mean that games work without an emulation layer. Similarly, the ARM could be different, even quite different, and especially "custom 2D graphics core" tells me that emulation would be a headache.
qazz42 wrote:
Quote:
Manufacturer Nintendo
Product family Game Boy line
Type Handheld game console
Generation Sixth generation era
Retail availability
JP March 21, 2001
NA June 11, 2001
PAL June 22, 2001
Units sold Worldwide: 81.50 million, all versions combined (as of December 31, 2009).
Japan: 16.96 million
Americas: 41.64 million
Other: 22.89 million[1]
Media Cartridge
CPU ARM7TDMI, 16.78 MHz
Graphics Custom 2D core
Best-selling game Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire, 13 million combined (as of November 25, 2004)[2]
Pokémon Emerald, 6.32 million (as of March 31, 2007)[3]
Backward
compatibility Game Boy, Game Boy Color
Predecessor Game Boy Color
Successor Game Boy Advance SP

I find those stats funny, considering I used my pokemon roms to figure out the game file sizes.
Sad ok, fine.

but, if it does happen... I will be happy Smile
qazz42 wrote:
Sad ok, fine.

but, if it does happen... I will be happy Smile
Fine, but it's a very long shot, both in terms of it being physically possible, and in terms of anyone including calc84 having either time or inclination to do so.
who says calc84 has to do it?
Look at it this way, if you want it to emulate those games, get a slot 2 flash card, "dump" the rom files, and take apart a GBA and a nspire, and take all the hardware out of the GBA and put it in the nspire shell. Very Happy

Otherwise it will be a dream...
qazz42 wrote:
who says calc84 has to do it?
No one, but I'd say he's one of if not the most experienced with implementing emulators on TI calculators, and he made and is making the GBC emulator for the TI-Nspire...
yeah, ok, good point

and Sonlen, I throw a potato at you Razz

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours