I hereby change this topic into a general topic for my projects.
I vote that you work on (2) first! The first thing is a thoroughly solved problem, although it would probably still be fun and a good learning experience to complete. For (2), what did you have in mind? Side-scroller? Top-scroller? Non-scroller?
random things from the top of the screen try to hit you and you must dodge
qazz42 wrote:
random things from the top of the screen try to hit you and you must dodge
Ah, that sounds like a fun game, then. Did you consider the mechanics of it, eg, what would be displaying the falling objects (text? textsprites? xLIB sprites? other?)?
hmm, I might try to use some xLIB sprites..
qazz42 wrote:
hmm, I might try to use some xLIB sprites..
That sounds pretty cool, then. And what about the other program, the C# calculator? Any additional thoughts or details on that project?
Nothing much on the C# calc

it is command line only until I learn moar

btw, I added subtraction to it, so now I need to add multiplication and division
*bump*

here is the final beta of the command line phase Smile

http://choose-game.com/mambo/index.php?option=com_docman&task=cat_view&gid=26&Itemid=39

it should be the program named "C# calc"
You used choose-game Very Happy
It is quite interesting thus far, it got all my problems correct, but one thing. It closes out right as it flashes the answer on Windows 7.
Epic, you have to execute it from the command line actually, I will have to add a while loop to it so it wont do that Smile
qazz42 wrote:
Epic, you have to execute it from the command line actually, I will have to add a while loop to it so it wont do that Smile

Ok, thanks for that explanation.
Good luck with the rest of the calculator!
thanks epic Smile
qazz42 wrote:
thanks epic Smile
An excellent start indeed. You should change [link] to [url] though so that your link actually works. Wink
You can omit the [url] entirely if you just post a URL rather than assign a URL to a text string.
fixed!

Thanks guys, It is still in a young phase though, so please excuse the noob-ism of it
qazz42 wrote:
fixed!

Thanks guys, It is still in a young phase though, so please excuse the noob-ism of it
Definitely excused; we were all there once. You're going to GUIfy it once you learn how to do so, right? Smile
D: How did you guess!? Razz

Yeah, right now, I am just learning how to make my own methods, a gui calculator is beyond my ability....
qazz42 wrote:
D: How did you guess!? Razz

Yeah, right now, I am just learning how to make my own methods, a gui calculator is beyond my ability....
Good good, you'll learn soon enough. C# certainly makes GUIs easier than, say, Java for instance (in my scholarly opinion having taught Java and taught myself C#).
you know C# ? I didnt know that...

anywho, if you want updates on the Basic program, it has both the enemy and player engine, but nothing else like hit detection
qazz42 wrote:
you know C# ? I didnt know that...

anywho, if you want updates on the Basic program, it has both the enemy and player engine, but nothing else like hit detection
Awesome, I look forward to some screenshots and such soon, then! I know at least dribs and drabs of many languages, but I certainly don't consider myself a C# expert by any stretch of the imagination. I wouldn't be able to sit down and write a program without consulting documentation, for example, the way I could in z80 or C or PHP, for the most part.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours