I've begun the heavy mapping work for the Cemetech City 2 map. It's based on the popular Green Hills map, although I plan to modify the base textures. I have so far added two perpendicular road textures that go all across the map, far enough that they tile (ie never end) as well as the beginnings of the city baseplates. I have made the airport baseplates and runway and the heliport, but I still need to work on levelling the terrain out under the city and towns. In addition, I messed with the visibility so you can see quite far. Finally, I moved the water out of the way but will put it back as a river soon. Preliminary screenies in an hour or two.
Doubleposting to push this to the top:

Views from the air:

Sample structure I built on it:

looking good, can't wait to play on it

btw, when's the server going back up?
yeah, I can't wait. It will be sweet. Need Server
Need server indeed. I wish UltDev would hurry back from vacation. Sad
yeah, now that school is going now.
Exactly. BTW, you guys know you can click the thumbnails for the full img, right?
I do, now anyways
Laughing Hehe...so what do you think of the increased visibility? Does that make it more realistic? Or would you prefer I leave it to cut down on lag?
I think you should knock down on the lag, myself. Dialup users still need to be accounted for (that, and my comp lags sometime when I am alone)
Oh, OK. So I'll have normal visibility except if someone wants to take some birdseyeview screenshots.
That sounds good. Can't wait to play.
Keep in mind that it's gonna be TBM2 though, so I need TBM to release v2 first. Sad
Although I guess we could always just fool around with it in TBM 1.16...

So any suggestions or comments?
Get the TBM crew to release TBM 2
Laughing Other than that, I mean Smile

The city will have a total of 15 2x2 blocks and one 4x4 for the compan HQ. Towns will have about 6-10 baseplates each. Airport has four, heliport 1.
and how many Basesplates are on a 2x2 section tile
Oh sorry, I meant 2 baseplates by 2 baseplates when I said 2x2. Check out the screenies. ^^^^
KermMartian wrote:
Laughing Hehe...so what do you think of the increased visibility? Does that make it more realistic? Or would you prefer I leave it to cut down on lag?

increased vis all the way!

if ppl are trying to play games online using dial-up (esp with broadband only ~$20-25 a month), they have bigger problems than lag Laughing
Laughing I tried to max it out, and while my framerate seemed steady, Blockland crashed at vis of 4000+. Sad Laughing
Kllrnohj wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

increased vis all the way!

if ppl are trying to play games online using dial-up (esp with broadband only ~$20-25 a month), they have bigger problems than lag Laughing

I can't get anything but dial-up where I am, except for dsl and it would be $50 (cheapest plan, very low usage limit) and other plans are even more expensive.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 7
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours