50fps? If you run a calculator game at 20fps you're still doing pretty well, to be honest. Smile Human eyes can pick out individual frames at below 16fps or so, otherwise you're not in too much trouble imho. And more than one player in M-Game (perhaps some kind of arena mode?) would be a total killer feature, I think. Do others agree?
Not to mention with the crappy LCDs TI put in our calcs, high FPS won't make much a difference, anyway. At high FPS it's harder to see stuff, sometimes.
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
Not to mention with the crappy LCDs TI put in our calcs, high FPS won't make much a difference, anyway. At high FPS it's harder to see stuff, sometimes.
Exactly, there's no way the LCD delay ever lets you see anything more than probably 10FPS or so. On the plus side, though, the LCD delay smooths out some of the jerkiness from games because pixels fade on and off over a nonzero amount of time.
Any way, another idea?
Because of the effort being put into calcnet 2.2, maybe make this game compatible with calcnet 2.2, like support for 2 player's. Co-op or VS? Grab as many points as possible? Note; easier said then done.

I would love to test it out if you don't mind Very Happy
Definitely, M-Game with those two modes sounds like a lot of fun! To be honest, I don't know if there's ever been a multiplayer, multi-calculator co-op calculator game before...
And so is this still alive? *curious*
0rac343 wrote:
And so is this still alive? *curious*

+1

same here
It's on hold indefinitely, but certainly not abandoned. I definitely hope to be able to continue working on it in the near to intermediate future. Smile
Bumpity-bump-bump! This is too awesome to die! (Or be perpetually on hold, which is basically the same thing...and which happens all too often with these kinds of amazing projects!)

Edit: Also, to add to previous discussion, the human eye registers images at about 60fps. 30fps is considered to be smooth motion to the human brain. 24fps is the most common framerate for smooth animation, 12fps is often used for hand-drawn animation. As previously stated, however, 16fps is where your brain actually starts registering the individual frames as separate images.
Please continue to make this game! You should add a level editor. I don't know if that is already a suggestion, but please do.
usmellPU wrote:
Please continue to make this game! You should add a level editor. I don't know if that is already a suggestion, but please do.
Thanks for the suggestion. If I continue it, it will probably be in the form of a TI-84+CSE game, since I'd have the screen real estate for decent-sized levels (and colorful sprites) without scrolling. Too many fun project ideas and too little time. Sad
Aww, I don't have a CSE Sad
Bump.

Also,
Ivoah wrote:
Aww, I don't have a CSE Sad

Not anymore Very Happy

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 4 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours