As of now, there aren't many asm entries into the contest, so why don't we combine the two categories? Prizes would go like this.

1st: Picks calc
2nd: Gets other calc
3rd+4th+5th: Get the cords.
and so on.

What's your views?
Ok, that sounds good! I agree now.
I agree as well.
Haha, that would sort of guarantee everyone a prize. Laughing What do other people think about this idea? I'm surprised that everyone voted for it so far; is that because you have a vested interest in the BASIC category getting more possible prizes? At this point I'm very hesitant to do this because of how close it is to the deadline and how explicit I've been on the setup to date, but I'm willing to be flexible if there's a universal desire for this.
Yes; it has to be unanimous to be fair.
Guarantee a prize eh? I double thumb-up my idea now.
me too Very Happy
Raylin wrote:
Yes; it has to be unanimous to be fair.
Agreed.

EpicFail wrote:
Guarantee a prize eh? I double thumb-up my idea now.
Well, actually, given the current state of submissions somewhere between the bottom one and three people probably wouldn't receive something, which might be painful for them to have gotten that much closer but still failed. What do other people think?
Kerm, therefore, if a BASIC entry was one place away from not winning, and an asm entry beat them, they would of won if the categories had not been merged. Then they would blame it on me!

/me hides
Exactly, so that's the kind of thing that I'm thinking might cause hurt feelings if people came into the contest expecting one thing and suddenly discovered the rules had changed at the last minute. Lesse, so BrandonW, SirCmpwn, Svakk, and KeithJohansen still need to weight in with their opinions...
I agree. I'm for whatever the majority of people agree to.
agreed Kerm, let's not to it anymore. BrandonW doesn't come online much, so we can't change the rules now.
Sad
And nobody wants to anger brandonW, am I right?
xXEpicxXXxFailXx wrote:
I agree. I'm for whatever the majority of people agree to.
All right, sounds good. Part of my hesitation (although once I reached the end of this post, I realized it's not really related to this idea) is that while I believe Merth's donation, the 83+SE, is ready to go, BrandonW and I still need to finishing constructing his Chameon'd calc, and I'm waiting for USB plugs and sockets that I ordered to arrive so I can finish building the USB power injectors. Smile I want to make sure people won't be chomping at the bit to receive their prizes the day after judging ends.
Exact words, "I WANT MAH PRIZE NOWZ!"
So, no merging?
Raylin wrote:
So, no merging?
It's still on the table, and I don't see any reason to rush to make a verdict until Rivereye and I have gone through and graded all the entries at the latest. I definitely would like his (and the other admins' and gmods') opinions on this proposal, plus the other entrants that I listed above.
No merging. It's not quite fair. ASM and BASIC/Hybrid are in leagues of their own. Unless of course you WANT BrandonW to win `-`
KeithJohansen wrote:
No merging. It's not quite fair. ASM and BASIC/Hybrid are in leagues of their own. Unless of course you WANT BrandonW to win `-`

That's why we waited to make a decision. SoI guess they stay separate, eh Kerm?
KeithJohansen wrote:
Yeah, that's what I've been thinking too; part of the original point of judging them separately was so that ASM entries wouldn't blow pure- and Hybrid BASIC entries out of the water, which could happen if the categories were merged.

EpicFail: That's what it's looking like; I'll wait for opinions from a few more people like site management and especially my co-judge.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours