So, it's now 29 hours until the midnight EDT (GMT-4) Saturday/Sunday September 4/5 deadline for Cemetech Contest #7: Doors CS-themed programs! I get the feeling that we might have a bunch of great BASIC/Hybrid and ASM entries, and possibly even an Axe entry or two. Rivereye and I will be starting bright and early on Sunday to write a rubric and judge entries so we can get the verdicts back to you as soon as possible. Remember, there's a bunch of real and cool swag at stake here, including a whopping two graphing calculators and some nifty custom hardware that you can't buy in any store.

So who's entering? Please mention your entry's name, language, and a one-line summary, if you don't mind!
I am entering!

Name: Clash of Dimensions
Language: Hybrid BASIC
Description: 1990's styled point-and-click adventure game

Will send off tomorrow, me and the co-developer are doing last minute bug testing.
Bring it!

Name: A Simple RPG <working title>
Description: A very simple RPG. (dur)

Dunno when I'm submitting it in though...
Hybrid/BASIC:
xXEpicxXXxFailXx: Clash of Dimensions:1990's styled point-and-click adventure game
Raylin: A Simple RPG <working title>: A very simple RPG. (dur)

Very good, guys, keep 'em coming! Looking forward to checking all of these out. Smile
Kerm, you should put this list of entries on the front page! Very Happy
Raylin wrote:
Kerm, you should put this list of entries on the front page! Very Happy
Don't worry, as soon as the deadline arrives, I'll be posting about the contest being over, and mentioning all of the submitted entries. Once the judging is complete, there will be another news article detailing the winners and the breakdowns for all the entries. Smile I also need to save room for some Cn2 news once I get this Pong demo working.
Victory will be mine!

Name: Yumé
Description: A short and nonlinear adventure game centered around a young girl and a strange Dream World.
Crap. I have to deal with all these entries with an entry I started 3 days ago... :c

Can I get a 'courageous' award? o.o
Raylin wrote:
Crap. I have to deal with all these entries with an entry I started 3 days ago... :c

Can I get a 'courageous' award? o.o
Of course you can. Laughing

[color="green"]Hybrid/BASIC:[/color]
xXEpicxXXxFailXx: Clash of Dimensions:1990's styled point-and-click adventure game
KeithJohansen: Yumé: A short and nonlinear adventure game centered around a young girl and a strange Dream World.
My contest entry: Reminder
Description: a program that reminds you of events with a calendar
Kerm, i will be resubmitting the program with an updated readme tomorrow.

i really hope i win something...
What language, bro? And small summary of what your program does?
Raylin wrote:
What language, bro? And small summary of what your program does?
It's Hybrid BASIC, and I'll let him explain what it does in a sentence or two. Smile

25 hours left!
Raylin: edited my post above
Hybrid/BASIC:
KeithJohansen: Yumé: A short and nonlinear adventure game centered around a young girl and a strange Drea
Souvik1997: Reminder: A program that reminds you of events with a calendar.
Spelling mistakes Sad
Kerm, please edit your post to include the word calendar after "a"
souvik1997 wrote:
Spelling mistakes Sad
Kerm, please edit your post to include the word calendar after "a"
No problem, I figured you'd return to finish that sentence sooner or later. Wink

Who else? I think Shmibs might be entering, I know Qazz is entering, BrandonW is obviously entering...
KermMartian wrote:
BrandonW is obviously winning...

Fixed. `-`

Who all is judging, again? I want to know who to send bribes to--err... I mean... uh... *runs*
KeithJohansen wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
BrandonW is obviously winning...

Fixed. `-`

Who all is judging, again? I want to know who to send bribes to--err... I mean... uh... *runs*
As in past contents, Rivereye and I will be the judges. If any other Cemetech administrator or moderator wants to volunteer to be a third or fourth judge (or any member, really), we'd always welcome the help! Obviously all of the entrants are disqualified from judging. Razz
Oh snap! This contest has officially gotten heated up. If Shmibs is entering, and I know qazz42 is, then there are gonna be people that don't win any prizes. I would hate to be Kerm right about now. But don't worry, none of us'll take it badly if we don't win, right fellas?
KermMartian wrote:

Who else? I think Shmibs might be entering, I know Qazz is entering, BrandonW is obviously entering...

sorry man, i started the omnimaga contest first and didnt have time for two at once. catch you on the next one Smile

and GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE ELSE!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours