Wait wait, number 3 is Finality? Shock KermM is confused. Wink Are you revealing what the Yumé 2 theme is yet, keeping it a secret, or haven't yet decided?
I will not be revealing the theme because then I'd be going partially into spoiler territory. You could probably guess it right based off existing information though.

Also, for the confused:
Finality not only means "the state, quality, or fact of being final; conclusiveness or decisiveness." but also "an ultimate act".

Prélude de Rêve is a prequel that takes places before the first Yumé.

Nightmare Under the Nightmare takes place after Finality.
Sounds intriguing and definitely worth my while to play them through, then. Prequels are often a fun way to get the backstory in place, and the title of Nightmare Under the Nightmare is quite intriguing...

Aight, then I'll look forward to the theme eventually getting spoiled for me.
*progress bump*
Graphical map is finished. Map is a total of 49 rooms

Tile count (sprites and objects): 7 old, 51 new
Free space: 11 tiles

Note: some tiles are similar to tiles from the first game but aren't exact replicas. I count them as new (only exact replicas are old). This count does not include tile 0 (empty tile representing walkable land), the event tile (can't be old or new because it's essential), and the invisible tile (empty tile you can't walk on, used only if I need to enforce invisible barriers for some reason)

All that's left is actually coding the map, events, and dialogue. This is going to be very tedious because there are some pretty extensive cut-scenes. X_x;

Since it's pretty tedious, I'm probably going to alternate each day between coding the game and working on some bonus goodies.

For those not in the know, I'm planning on releasing Yumé and Yumé 2 simultaneously along with downloadable bonus goodies that include:
1) a double-feature game guide that covers both games and goes in depth into the ideology of the Yumé series and reveals interesting information I've never posted about. It's spoileriffic! Very Happy
2) Monochromatic and special edition color versions of the Dream World maps from both games.
3) Bonus artwork (no spoilers there Wink )
4) Bonus wallpapers

Why am I including bonus goodies? Because I can!
Bonus wallpapers! Nice! I really should consider updating and releasing some DCS7 wallpapers; that's a great idea...

So you have 11 tiles left, any idea what you'll do with them?
I do, in fact, have an idea for at least some of those 11 tiles. You'll have to wait to find out though ;P

on an unrelated note, I may have come up with ideas for a 6th and possibly 7th Yumé game Evil or Very Mad
KeithJohansen wrote:
I do, in fact, have an idea for at least some of those 11 tiles. You'll have to wait to find out though ;P

on an unrelated note, I may have come up with ideas for a 6th and possibly 7th Yumé game Evil or Very Mad
Oh wow, seriously? I guess I'd better hurry up and review Yumé 1 so you can release 1 and 2 and get started on 3, 4, 5, and 6. Laughing You really seem to have caught the RPG fever since you started Yumé; are you going to be the next Kevin?
1) At the rate I'm going, I might be Laughing As currently planned, though, the series will end after the 6th or 7th game.

2) Yumé isn't really an RPG series in the common sense of the phrase as there is no combat or "growth" beyond obtaining key items. I'd say it's more of an adventure or action-adventure game series than an RPG series.

Also, the tentative titles for games 6 and 7 are Yumé no Shinsei (The Rebirth of Yumé) and Yumé no Shuukyoku (The Dénouement of Yumé).
1) That's fair. Laughing I hope you extend it at least that much.
2) Aight, action-adventure it is then. Those are some fascinating titles, although I would be willing to bet that they're gonna get shortened a lot.
Nope `-`

And actually, just to reiterate, after Rika's Story, I'm taking a break from the series for a little while to work on some other game and code ideas.
KeithJohansen wrote:
Nope `-`

And actually, just to reiterate, after Rika's Story, I'm taking a break from the series for a little while to work on some other game and code ideas.
Oh right, I forgot about that. I'm having trouble keeping track of all the different people and their projects since yesterday's 100-post discussion.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 4 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours