souvik1997 wrote:
My nick is souvik1997, but my real name is Souvik Banerjee. I recently joined the TI community (about a year ago) and i know BASIC and i can code very simple asm. I got my first and only calc when i was in sixth grade, a TI 84+SE. Right now i am in eighth grade and i have two major projects:

DoorsCS GUI editor
Developing apps for KnightOS

The only programming languages i know are z80, TI BASIC, a little Python, some C, some C++, some Java, and my favorite, bash scripting.

I know Algebra 1, Geometry, Trigonometry, and Calculus 1.

Wait, wtf, Trig and Calc, and your in the 8th grade... I wish I had all those options.... I am in Stats though, 12th grade year, so ready to graduate >.<
hiiii

I am qazz

I am a little bit n00bish, but can be mature

I know TI-Basic and am learning C#

I am a spazz
Alright, to clear things up:

My friend did indeed transfer me the 3D graphing program via cable from his calculator. It originally had his name "Serge" on it so I assumed it was his. Now I guess it isn't, so I'll get it removed and yell at him on AIM when he gets on.

AllMath was indeed improved, some functions in 7.10 were not 100% working so I fixed some of those issues (formula errors, variable linking errors,crashing problems). It is not completely thieved, though I do apologize, I should have still given him credit for the majority of the work.

ABC Formula.
Here's where I found the one I edited, though it appears to be stolen from the original as well looking at the publish date: http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/416/41612.html
As well, I've edited parts of this program as well. A bunch of times it would have the 0 solutions error when indeed it did have at least 1 based on the discriminant answer. Some variables were not corresponding correctly so I fixed those issues.

As for the others,

Not just the author name was replaced, but also some other codes were messed around with. And as I said before, I released it in like 6th/7th grade and never did anything about it. Its been 3 years since that and I've never done anything to it, I havent even been to the website either to edit things around. So anyways, I'm in 10th grade now, and I've been independent programming now for around 2 years since I ditched the site a while ago, so yeah, I'll see if I can request a password change for webs and get in to delete the stuff I put in.

@other users:
Yeah, don't do what I did 2-3 years ago with other people's stuff and didn't mention their efforts as well.

@Kerm:
My dearest apologies, I hate it when people steal my work in general, not just program and code based. But this was all done in the past, when I didn't know about the plagiarism stuff Razz
I'll try to get the grapher removed as soon as I get a response from the site.

@alberthro
yes, you tried to submit a racing program you changed the name to for the AXE contest thing last year. Anyways, yeah, thats my past history, haven't updated that portion of my site for so long so thats why.

Conclusion:
Sorry for the HUGE blunder from a long time ago. I'm getting the site stuff removed atm so no more pirated stuff will be there, even if it was modified I'll add the original coder credits if I publish it on my new site eventually. As for the forum, I'll post up stuff that I guarantee you'll never find on TI-Calc because I made those and haven't released them to public yet. Anyways, I don't have the old programs anymore on my calc, just the new/original stuff. Now hopefully this chaos is a bit cleared up, I'll go post on the other forum.

Any questions or comments just post below and I'll answer as soon as I can.
I learned Calc and Trig in my free time, not in school.

Epic nerdiness Smile
Souvik, wow, you got an early start, getting your calculator in sixth grade! I personally started coding on a TI-82 in sixth grade as well (more on that later). Awesome that you know so many languages for your age, I'm sure that you will go far. Whoa, and Calc I? I didn't take Calc I until 8th grade. I hope that the DCS GUI editor will go well, and from what I've seen of your contest entry so far, it shows a lot of promise. Smile

@EpicFail: You should consider picking up that project again!

@Sonlen, do you have any idea where you're going next year or what you're going to major in? Or what are your post-high-school plans?
Hey. I lurk and junk. Alright. Well onwards.

--edit--

But for all seriousness. For those that don't know me. I idle and chat in the #cemetech IRC channel/SAX Chat area as bsparks.

I have been around since December of '04 and have been sticking to BASIC really. Simple and quick. Though I have been advised to learn this newfangled AXE Parser and port some games to it.

I have a habit of never completing projects, and when I do usually they are bug riddled. And I need to be constantly reminded to fix them. Or really where the bugs are. Sometimes I just don't know. Though I manage a good solid bug-free release every now and then. And I do have a lot of projects on my plate. I constantly tinker with an RPG I have been working on since 2005 called Theta 14. ( cleverly named because back then, any sort of demos I would do, had program names starting with the Theta character ) I also have a Metroid Infinity demo up and working, that is actually closer to completion that it lets on. And a fighting game that I just need to polish up before I release it. There are also tons of my old demos and ideas floating around on the internet. If you want me to make a game out of one. Just poke me enough, and eventually it will happen. Oh, and I promise you I am going to finish A Dot RPG 2 one of these days.

Technically I am a member of MaxCoderz, though it's really not something I can show off. Having joined them right before the entire community sort of plateaued. I did make a few cool programs when I was active there. And if the forums picked back up, I would love to chill again. But that is another topic.

As for my works? I suppose my calcg.org profile has a pretty complete list. http://calcg.org/cgi-bin/files.cgi?action=autha&autha=Fred+Sparks and the rest are floating around somewhere. Forums here, UTI, probably some are over at Omnimaga, and maybe even MaxCoderz forums.

Anyway, long winded post was, indeed, long winded. Did I forget anything?
Oh, I totally forgot to mention: I'm in 9th grade (woo freshman year!) 14 years old, turning 15 in ~6 months. Very Happy
I'm worthless and have nothing to contribute to the community.
allynfolksjr wrote:
I'm worthless and have nothing to contribute to the community.

Nu uh, you are our TI Calc admin Razz
Well, I guess I'll follow the intiative to revive the original idea of the topic. I'm Alex and I was once an aspiring TI-BASIC programmer but after semesters of my calculator being stolen from me by teachers and parents, I gave up. I still offer my advice and tips where applicable.

I coded two programs I'm proud of, a fully graphical Money Manager and an assit program for the "Prob Sim" Application, more specifically for the Card Probability part of the application on TI-84+'s.

My TI-84+SE has been handed to my sister for use in her college courses in NY. Though, I believe I'm staying at this job I'm at so I'll likely by another TI-84+SE and revamp my Money Manager and optimize it for DCS7. I'd have loved to do this before the contest deadline, though.
I liek piez
Hyped wrote:
Alright, to clear things up:

My friend did indeed transfer me the 3D graphing program via cable from his calculator. It originally had his name "Serge" on it so I assumed it was his. Now I guess it isn't, so I'll get it removed and yell at him on AIM when he gets on.
Well, then be sure to yell at him for me as well.

Hyped wrote:
AllMath was indeed improved, some functions in 7.10 were not 100% working so I fixed some of those issues (formula errors, variable linking errors,crashing problems). It is not completely thieved, though I do apologize, I should have still given him credit for the majority of the work.
Yes, yes you should have. Ideally, you should have asked him for permission to re-release it, but you should have at least kept his name in addition to yours.

Hyped wrote:
ABC Formula.
Here's where I found the one I edited, though it appears to be stolen from the original as well looking at the publish date: http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/416/41612.html
As well, I've edited parts of this program as well. A bunch of times it would have the 0 solutions error when indeed it did have at least 1 based on the discriminant answer. Some variables were not corresponding correctly so I fixed those issues.
See comments above.

Hyped wrote:
As for the others,

Not just the author name was replaced, but also some other codes were messed around with.
That's an explanation, but it's not an excuse.
Hyped wrote:
And as I said before, I released it in like 6th/7th grade and never did anything about it. Its been 3 years since that and I've never done anything to it, I havent even been to the website either to edit things around. So anyways, I'm in 10th grade now, and I've been independent programming now for around 2 years since I ditched the site a while ago, so yeah, I'll see if I can request a password change for webs and get in to delete the stuff I put in.
I think that would be the best at this point.

Hyped wrote:
@other users:
Yeah, don't do what I did 2-3 years ago with other people's stuff and didn't mention their efforts as well.
And don't continue to try to pass off their efforts as your own 2-3 years later, even when you're called on it. "Working with friends on ticalc.org" is not the same as "stealing from people on ticalc.org".

Hyped wrote:
@Kerm:
My dearest apologies, I hate it when people steal my work in general, not just program and code based. But this was all done in the past, when I didn't know about the plagiarism stuff Razz
I'll try to get the grapher removed as soon as I get a response from the site.
Thank you. I'm sure they have an automated password reset system, or else try harder to remember your password.

Hyped wrote:
@alberthro
yes, you tried to submit a racing program you changed the name to for the AXE contest thing last year. Anyways, yeah, thats my past history, haven't updated that portion of my site for so long so thats why.

Conclusion:
Sorry for the HUGE blunder from a long time ago. I'm getting the site stuff removed atm so no more pirated stuff will be there, even if it was modified I'll add the original coder credits if I publish it on my new site eventually. As for the forum, I'll post up stuff that I guarantee you'll never find on TI-Calc because I made those and haven't released them to public yet. Anyways, I don't have the old programs anymore on my calc, just the new/original stuff. Now hopefully this chaos is a bit cleared up, I'll go post on the other forum.

Any questions or comments just post below and I'll answer as soon as I can.
I look very forward to seeing your original work. Now that you've come clean, what do you actually know? I presume you know TI-BASIC, since you said you modified some of those programs you stole. Do you also know z80 Assembly, or would you still like to learn it?

I look forward to having you here as an upstanding member of the site and the community, if your days of plagiarism are indeed behind your for good. Besides this thread, you should post one or more topics about your current projects in the My Projects subforum.
KermMartian wrote:
Souvik, wow, you got an early start, getting your calculator in sixth grade! I personally started coding on a TI-82 in sixth grade as well (more on that later). Awesome that you know so many languages for your age, I'm sure that you will go far. Whoa, and Calc I? I didn't take Calc I until 8th grade. I hope that the DCS GUI editor will go well, and from what I've seen of your contest entry so far, it shows a lot of promise. Smile

@EpicFail: You should consider picking up that project again!

@Sonlen, do you have any idea where you're going next year or what you're going to major in? Or what are your post-high-school plans?

Amazing how the schools you went to had that stuff, I was supposed to take Algebra 1 8th grade year, but my last name kept me from getting in, they did it alphebetically, and the sad part is at the end of the shcool year, there were only 3 people left in the class....
And I don't know for sure to be honest, some tech school to learn programming, hopefully for the video game industry, that has been my dream since i was 6, and in about half a year I will be 18.
Your calc was stolen by teachers?
*topic's real purpose double-bump*

@Allynfolksjr / Nikky: You are our valued ticalc.org administrator!

@qazz: I also am fond of almost every type of pie.

@_player: Congrats. Smile

@comicIDIOT: It's great to have you here, to enjoy the daily rounds of UT2004 with you and Jonimus/TheStorm and occasional other members like Merth, Tanner, Swivel, and Arcades, and I hope that you do indeed work on AGMM for the contest. Smile Maybe it will re-ignite the flame of calculator passion in you.

@CDI/bsparks: Not to mention a valued #cemetech IRC participant! Smile
Alright,

Plagiarism days are long over. Nobody is that stupid anymore. That's what I failed to realize in 7th grade when I thought nobody would be able to find the originals on ticalc. Anyways, I do definitely know z80 basic, thats essential before moving on to assembly. As for assembly I haven't used it in around 8 months, so I may need to brush up on that a bit later. For now, I've spent a bit too much time here clearing some stuff up, I have some regular school assignments to work on. I'll be back after I finish my HW and stuffs.
@hypwd Good to hear its all cleared up Smile. Hope you become a valuable member of the community.
Don't worry I will Very Happy

Especially with some deadly things to watch out for and how you can prevent those problems with special patches.

And you'll get a dose of my true programming, now I look back at the stuff on the site, it really isn't anything significant at all...compared to some of the stuff I've managed to code in my boredom in class Razz
Hyped wrote:
Alright,

Plagiarism days are long over. Nobody is that stupid anymore. That's what I failed to realize in 7th grade when I thought nobody would be able to find the originals on ticalc. Anyways, I do definitely know z80 basic, thats essential before moving on to assembly. As for assembly I haven't used it in around 8 months, so I may need to brush up on that a bit later. For now, I've spent a bit too much time here clearing some stuff up, I have some regular school assignments to work on. I'll be back after I finish my HW and stuffs.
I definitely agree, it's very important to be a TI-BASIC expert before you can start learning z80 ASM. May I ask what you've made in ASM? It's ok to admit that you're not an ASM expert, by the way; we have several here who would be more than happy to help someone who's merely proficient to rise to the level of expert. Wink
CDI wrote:
Hey. I lurk and junk. Alright. Well onwards.

--edit--

But for all seriousness. For those that don't know me. I idle and chat in the #cemetech IRC channel/SAX Chat area as bsparks.

I have been around since December of '04 and have been sticking to BASIC really. Simple and quick. Though I have been advised to learn this newfangled AXE Parser and port some games to it.
I'd be overjoyed if before, after, or during that you picked up your EXTREMELY impressive Metroid game that helped me do a lot of DCS/CIII integration debugging. Smile

CDI wrote:
I have a habit of never completing projects, and when I do usually they are bug riddled. And I need to be constantly reminded to fix them. Or really where the bugs are. Sometimes I just don't know. Though I manage a good solid bug-free release every now and then. And I do have a lot of projects on my plate. I constantly tinker with an RPG I have been working on since 2005 called Theta 14. ( cleverly named because back then, any sort of demos I would do, had program names starting with the Theta character ) I also have a Metroid Infinity demo up and working, that is actually closer to completion that it lets on. And a fighting game that I just need to polish up before I release it. There are also tons of my old demos and ideas floating around on the internet. If you want me to make a game out of one. Just poke me enough, and eventually it will happen. Oh, and I promise you I am going to finish A Dot RPG 2 one of these days.
You should absolutely do that! I also have a few demos and nearly-completed programs lying around that I wish I had the time and/or inclination to complete and release; you can be the better man than me in that regard. :/

CDI wrote:
Technically I am a member of MaxCoderz, though it's really not something I can show off. Having joined them right before the entire community sort of plateaued. I did make a few cool programs when I was active there. And if the forums picked back up, I would love to chill again. But that is another topic.
They're good dudes, and taught me many z80 ASM lessons. The site unfortunately seems pretty dead now; no replies in my DCS7 thread there in a week. Sad

CDI wrote:
As for my works? I suppose my calcg.org profile has a pretty complete list. http://calcg.org/cgi-bin/files.cgi?action=autha&autha=Fred+Sparks and the rest are floating around somewhere. Forums here, UTI, probably some are over at Omnimaga, and maybe even MaxCoderz forums.

Anyway, long winded post was, indeed, long winded. Did I forget anything?
I don't think you did. I was always confused about the Fred Sparks / Brad Sparks thing until you cleared it up for me a few months ago on #cemetech, that both were indeed the same person, viz., you. Good luck on picking up projects old and new, and I trust we'll continue to have your around for a long time. Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 146, 147, 148  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 4 of 148
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours