Raylin wrote:
Yeah. It's going through the stack. Cool. Cool.
Indeed; the only thing to note of course is that GUIFindFirst starts at the first element above the topmost GUI groupmaster, and that hl and de need to be preserved between successive GUIFindFirst and/or GUIFindNext calls. As of Doors CS 7, there's a new GUIFindThis.
So, to save to my save pointer...

Code:
ld (myText),hl
ld (myText+15),(de-1)

?
Raylin wrote:
So, to save to my save pointer...

Code:

ld (myText),hl

?
Well, no, because the memory that hl is pointing to will get reused eventually. You'll need to first increment hl a bit to get through the GUIRTextInput structure to the actual string part (ie, go past the x, y, maxlength, etc), then use the ldir opcode, which copies from hl to de for bc bytes. For example, say myTextSave is .db 0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0 [10 plus a null terminator], then after all your GUIFindFirst/This/Next'ing:

Code:
   ld de,[some amount to go forwards to get to the text part, which I'll let you figure out]
    add hl,de
    ld de,MyTextSave
    ld bc,10 ;don't copy 11 so you don't overwrite the null term
    ldir
Suddenly, ASM is starting to kick me in the face... >c
Raylin wrote:
Suddenly, ASM is starting to kick me in the face... >c
That's what happens when you leave the safe cocoon of the Doors CS libraries. Laughing Did what I said make sense, though?
Yeah. A bit.
I think I need to learn the instruction set for the z80 processor.
Raylin wrote:
Yeah. A bit.
I think I need to learn the instruction set for the z80 processor.
Aye, it wouldn't hurt to give it a quick read-through. Smile
*BUMP* Go time.
Raylin wrote:
*BUMP* Go time.
Huzzah! Do you have any contents / gameplay / whatever worked out yet, or are you still feeling your way through the GUI API and z80 ASM in general?
Sorry, I was at a stupid relay race with my RA and the rest of my floor of which I had no chance of winning because the other gorramn teams frakking started before mine. Frakkin' waste of my time. I now have to make up for the two crucial hours I missed. >:c
Raylin wrote:
Sorry, I was at a stupid relay race with my RA and the rest of my floor of which I had no chance of winning because the other gorramn teams frakking started before mine. Frakkin' waste of my time. I now have to make up for the two crucial hours I missed. >:c
Aww, sorry to hear it, but socializing is always fun, right? Smile You missed all the drama in the main topic of the evening if you were away for the last two hours. At any rate, gogogogogo ASM!
Drama? Speak now.
Raylin wrote:
Drama? Speak now.
Check out the Introduce Yourself thread. Razz Actually, you should go introduce yourself at the same time, if you haven't already. Very Happy
This just became a BASIC game.
Raylin wrote:
This just became a BASIC game.
Aww, you gave up on Assembly for now? If so, I'm sorry to hear it. Sad
I didn't give up on ASM. I just can't pull out a win in ASM now that Sir is in ASM. I'm going BASIC again.

EDIT: I mean, geez. I can't learn ASM AND pull out a win.
Raylin wrote:
I didn't give up on ASM. I just can't pull out a win in ASM now that Sir is in ASM. I'm going BASIC again.

EDIT: I mean, geez. I can't learn ASM AND pull out a win.
Well, he's not necessarily in the ASM contest, I think (?), and you would still either get first, second, or third place, no? Your call, of course.
Can I join both?
Raylin wrote:
Can I join both?
Sure, I don't think that's against the rules. I believe if you enter both though, we made it that only one of your entries is allowed to place, whichever one would have placed higher in its category.
Solved.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 4 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours