So I converted a song with MT3 converter, and went to assemble it. I'm used to using TASM for this stuff, but it doesn't work in 64 bit systems. So I loaded the .bat into BRASS and got a .bin file out, where should this go?
I thought for some reason that you were supposed to save the outputs of MT3 to a .asm file

And then it is (from the command prompt, in the correct directory):
compile [yourfile without the .asm extension]
_player is almost correct. Take the source code that the MT3 converter generates and save it in the /asm/source directory of the SDK as, for example, mysong.asm. Then, pop open a terminal, and navigate to the ASM folder. Simple run: "compile mysong" and everything will work. Note that you will need Python 2.x or 3.x. mysong.8xp will appear in the /asm/exec/ folder if all works well. If you want to save yourself some trouble, save a file in /asm/ called "mysong.bat" with the contents "compile mysong" without the quotes. Then you can just double-click that to recompile mysong.asm.

Makes sense?
For brass, you need to add the line

Code:
.binarymode TI8X

at the beginning of the file.
You can also choose a variable name by adding a line of the form

Code:
.variablename SONGNAME

Edit: a bit late and possible irrelevant Sad
calcdude84se wrote:
For brass, you need to add the line

Code:
.binarymode TI8X

at the beginning of the file.
You can also choose a variable name by adding a line of the form

Code:
.variablename SONGNAME
Nono, that's not necessary in this case, because I have BinPac8x doing the object - to - 8xp creation. Smile
Could be useful if you don't want to install python Very Happy
calcdude84se wrote:
I suppose, but why bother with that? Laughing EpicFail, does my post a few posts ago work for you?
KermMartian wrote:
calcdude84se wrote:
I suppose, but why bother with that? 0x5 EpicFail, does my post a few posts ago work for you?

I tried the method with the .bat file with the code for compile, when I run the prompt shows, but then closes, and nothing new happens...

EDIT: /me facepalms, nvm

Double EDIT: AHH!!! The file is invalid according to TI-Connect, and WabbitEmu. I compiled it and all, did I miss something?

1. Put midi into MT3 converter
2. Copied output to notepad, saved as song.asm into asm directory
3. Made batch file with code to compile song

But what did I do wrong??
You put song.asm in /asm/ instead of /asm/source? Smile
KermMartian wrote:

Why thank you good sir, I did, and now it is fixed.
xXEpicxXXxFailXx wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Why thank you good sir, I did, and now it is fixed.
Huzzah, EpicFail; I'm overjoyed to hear that it works for you. I hope now that you find the song to have come out well. Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours