Every time I try to load a song into the converter and select my tracks, error messages display at the very top of the page. And lower down, I see this, "Compressed 0 notes into 0 notes (100% compression)."
Anything I'm doing wrong? I've tried about 5 different files, and all got this result.

Some of the error messages look bad...

[Error messages about usort(), array_merge(), and foreach()]
Is it a midi?
qazz42 wrote:
Is it a midi?

Of course qazz42, I may be stupid, but i know what an midi is...

/me goes off to bite some old refrigerator.
wait, was it a mp3 and you just changes the extension?
qazz42 wrote:
wait, was it a mp3 and you just changes the extension?

Aw fluff no, I know what an midi is, I am a (partially) grown man!

I used midi editor, and made one. Remember that program I send you?
ah, ok then, just checking ;P
Kerm recently updated the site to PHP5, and this could be a result. Most notably, You'll notice the quirkiness of the SIMMS Status image in his signature.

comicIDIOT wrote:
Kerm recently updated the site to PHP5, and this could be a result. Most notably, You'll notice the quirkiness of the SIMMS Status image in his signature.

That's probably it... If you see him, point him here for me.
If he doesn't see this topc, I most certainly shall Smile
Here I am. Smile The error messages you posted are indicative of the converter not being able to extract any notes from the given track. Was it a type-0 or type-1 MIDI file? Have you tried any other files? Qazz, would you mind trying some of the MIDI files that you have successfully converted in the past?
Yes, all errors

Razz waaaaaaaay ahead of you
qazz42 wrote:
Yes, all errors
And are the error messages similar to the ones that EpicFail had posted? IE, zero notes, arguments must be array, that type of thing? This is almost definitely a PHP4 to PHP5 issue, if so, as comicIDIOT astutely noted above.
yep, everything is the same, php upgrade has some downsides I guess
qazz42 wrote:
yep, everything is the same, php upgrade has some downsides I guess
Some updates: I fixed the array merging issue; it turns out that PHP5 doesn't assume that merging a null array and a non-null array is like just taking the non-null array by itself. However, it seems that all conversions time out at 20 seconds now; I'm working on that.
awsome Kerm, I wait on baited breath for updates!

hmm does

Code:
Continuining to substring 2 Continuining to substring 3 Continuining to substring 4 Continuining to substring 5 Continuining to substring 6 Continuining to substring 7 Continuining to substring 2 Continuining to substring 3 Continuining to substring 4 Continuining to substring 5 Continuining to substring 6 Continuining to substring 7 Continuining to substring 8 Continuining to substring 9 Continuining to substring 2 Continuining to substring 3 Continuining to substring 2 Continuining to substring 2 Continuining to substring 2 Continuining to substring 3 Continuining to substring 4 Continuining to substring 5 Continuining to substring 6 Continuining to substring 7
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/aheamizw/public_html/projects/mtunes/index.php:454) in /home/aheamizw/public_html/forum/includes/page_header.php on line 488

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/aheamizw/public_html/projects/mtunes/index.php:454) in /home/aheamizw/public_html/forum/includes/page_header.php on line 490

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/aheamizw/public_html/projects/mtunes/index.php:454) in /home/aheamizw/public_html/forum/includes/page_header.php on line 491

mean anything?
Ok, I see that it has been mostly fixed, I still get a few WARNING messages at the top, but other then that, it is producing source code!
Glad I noticed this!

I'm about to convert a song and tell you how it comes out on-calc.
Qazz and EpicFail, those Warnings are because I dumped out some debug information for myself, namely all the "Continuing to substring ###" lines. I'll remove it once I figure out where the major slowdown is coming from that's making it run into the 20-second time limit with more than one track. I assume you both have run into that?
Ahh, ok
qazz42 wrote:
Ahh, ok
Did you indeed run into the time limit thing, or was it just me?
I did run into the time limit thing, when I was trying to convert a pokemon theme x.x

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours