Do you want a backlit screen?
Yes
 85%  [ 6 ]
No
 14%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 7

As the title says: do you want a backlit screen?

Consider the use, power usage, price, etc. when deciding.

Note that this includes both built in backlights, and separate backlights. Also, there is a hardware switch to turn it on.
(Can be controlled by software, if possible/needed.)
Yeah, I think an EL-backlit (not LED-backlit) screen would be worth it for me. I've completed enough baclight mods that I think this is something that I'd be willing to have at the expense of a few extra dollars for the finished product.
As long as you can control the backlight, yes, put one in. I am talking in terms of on/off, auto-off, and even brightness.
rivereye wrote:
As long as you can control the backlight, yes, put one in. I am talking in terms of on/off, auto-off, and even brightness.
Software-controlled on/off is definitely a good idea. By auto-off, do you mean in hardware or software? I think it would save components and complexity to do it in software, plus of course make the bootloader start it the off state in the case of a reset or RAM Clear-type event. For brightness, I hesitate, because I feel like that would take up I/O lines or hardware that could be better used elsewhere.
I like both hardware and software.
For hardware, it's a physical switch.
Only when the switch is on, then the software can control.
If there's no sign of control, it'll just turn itself to full (or half) brightness.

Hehe, if you wanted to, you could even toss in an ambient light sensor in to automatically adjust brightness. Razz
alberthrocks wrote:
I like both hardware and software.
For hardware, it's a physical switch.
Only when the switch is on, then the software can control.
If there's no sign of control, it'll just turn itself to full (or half) brightness.

Hehe, if you wanted to, you could even toss in an ambient light sensor in to automatically adjust brightness. Razz
Aight, I can buy a physical switch and the automatic timed backlight shutoff. The ambient sensor might sorta be overkill in my opinion; why not a simple keyboard hotkey to toggle the backlight on and off (or on, dim, and off?).
That's all folks! Smile Voting is now closed, and votes will now be tallied.
The final feature list will be announced soon, so stay tuned.

Thanks to everyone who voted! Very Happy

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours