When I Have To Show ID:
http://tifreakware.net/images/2DD41.jpg

I agree with this whole heartedly. Why should they (illegal immigrants) be allowed to whine and complain and get their way when as a legal citizen we have to do this anyways?

What do you guys thinks?
Oh, I originally read that totally differently, that we shouldn't need to show our IDs for anything. That's more the thing I was thinking would be fair; I particularly dislike the idea of a national ID that could be used to keep national track of everyone.
I do agree with the idea though, why should illegal immigrants be excluded because they cry and whine, it's like how my brother gets his way when we have a dissagrement O_o
I see someone's not an advocate for privacy Wink

It appears to me that you and whoever made that picture you posted missed the point entirely; Arizona's new law doesn't make illegal citizens produce an ID when they get pulled over, it gives cops the authority to stop and check ID for anyone they suspect to be an illegal immigrant, even if they're just walking on the street minding their own business. No citizen in this country has been subject to this kind of scrutiny because it's what you may call "illegal".

Also, you don't have to show ID for most of the things listed in your image.
tifreak8x wrote:

I have done quite a few of these without showing ID. 5, 10, and 11 are the only times when I've consistently had to, and those are just to make sure you are who you say you are. I've had to have a social for some of the others. But, really, I could've just made it up.
fair points. I won't say anything more or else I may offend someone. (v_v)
"illegals" are whining because they're being labeled for being "illegal" when there is no legal means for them to attain citizenship. They're being forced to disobey the law, then treated like second-class citizens for not following the path that doesn't f*cking exist. Didn't we already have this argument over how firing missiles at families crossing the border is wrong? Because that's where people on that side of the issue generally stand...
people don't have to come here at all.
tifreak8x wrote:
When I Have To Show ID:
http://tifreakware.net/images/2DD41.jpg

I agree with this whole heartedly. Why should they (illegal immigrants) be allowed to whine and complain and get their way when as a legal citizen we have to do this anyways?

What do you guys thinks?

Hey retard, illegals aren't the ones complaining.

As a legal citizen you have *NEVER* had to show your ID simply because a cop asked for it, and you are *NOT REQUIRED* to always have ID on you. So no, legal citizens don't have to do this, which is the point. What Arizon is doing is throwing the constitution out the window and trampling on personal rights - and as a *LEGAL* citizen I have a problem with that, because it violates *MY RIGHTS*.

Also, of that list, only 1, 5, and 11 are government imposed reasons - the rest are private business and is thus completely irrelevant. 1 is because you must have a driver's license to operate a motor vehicle, that is the law, and it isn't a right to drive. 5 is because without some form of ID, how the hell can you get another form of ID? 11 is because it isn't a right to fly. There is *nothing* that allows a cop to simply demand your ID when you are walking down the street. You are completely within your rights to say "I'm an American citizen, you cannot see my ID" and simply walk away - (s)he can't do a thing about it. Sure, the cop could arrest you for something random and then drop the charges after holding you for 24 hours, but you can simply sue the snot out of them for that.
Precisely, and that's the kind of thing that I (personally) think we should be concerned about with this kind of arbitrary law that chips away at the freedoms that make America what it is.
Kllrnohj wrote:
Hey retard

Wow, way to be mature, that nullified any form of an intelligent reply in your post. Kudos to you. Wink
happybobjr wrote:
people don't have to come here at all.

Ok Chief Running Water. I mean, I assume you must be Cherokee since your attitude suggests you can't be descended from anyone who came here from somewhere else...
tifreak8x wrote:
Wow, way to be mature, that nullified any form of an intelligent reply in your post. Kudos to you. Wink

That's OK, the OP lacked any form of intelligence to begin with - I'm just following the trend Razz
Kllrnohj wrote:
tifreak8x wrote:

That's OK, the OP lacked any form of intelligence to begin with - I'm just following the trend Razz

And yet you continue using comebacks and insults that I haven't used since the second grade. Keep it up! =D
I don't want to simply paraphrase Kllrnohj, but this is overkill. It's an outright extreme measure that compromises everybody's privacy. I don't carry an ID everywhere, and I should not be obligated to do so because cops feel it necessary to randomly accost me. That's just one step closer to a police state. I don't care if you're concerned about border-control or not - just leave my privacy and my personal rights out of the issue.

Surely, we can contrive less intrusive ways to deal with this. If not, then that's just too bad. I suggest you learn to get comfortable living among aliens, because I'm not going to sacrifice my rights over unwarranted paranoia - or even worse - in the name of counter-terrorism.
Zera, I'm in absolute agreement with you on that, so I am too lazy to actually make my own post so instead I quote people and then don't say anything new.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours