After a long summer of coding and debugging, Doors CS 7.0 has finally been released! This milestone comes three years since the last major release of Doors CS 6.0 in April 2007 and two years since the incremental release of Doors CS 6.2 in May 2008. Nine years since its humble beginnings as a crude BASIC shell, Doors CS 7.0 aims to bring a full set of features and rock-solid stability to users and coders alike. It supports MirageOS, Ion, Doors CS, and nostub BASIC and Assembly programs, and contains full support libraries for XLib, Celtic III, PicArc, (partially) Omnicalc, and the new DCSB Libs that let Doors CS coders use features like the DCS GUI. The HomeRun feature lets you execute any type of program, BASIC or ASM, archived or not, from the TI-OS homescreen. The Doors CS desktop lets you view your programs and folders, organize them into nested folders, cut, copy, rename, lock, archive, hide, and even edit programs, and change settings and options from the DCS Menu. Doors CS 7.0 adds more robust protection from data loss due to RAM Clears, including automatic restoration of the user's folder structure.

For ASM developers, Doors CS offers a full suite of features, adding the DCS GUI system, and Associated Program system that automatically opens files in their associated viewer/editor, and much more on top of a full complement of MirageOS and Ion-compatible libraries. BASIC programmers can take advantage of support for every popular BASIC library built directly into the shell. Full information about Doors CS can be found at http://dcs.cemetech.net, including a (very) exhaustive feature list and screenshots galore for your viewing pleasure.

Download Doors CS 7.0 today and unleash the full power of your graphing calculator!

Download
Doors CS 7.0

Other Useful Downloads
Doors CS 7.0 SDK - The official Doors CS 7 SDK
Document DE 7 - A text editor demonstrating the power of Doors CS.
Doors CS 7 Teaser Trailer

OMG YES!
it out!!! weee!!!!

p.s. no screen shots for the ticalc.org or are you still uploading them?
beware cause screenshots effect the download rate A LOT!!!

animated ones will attract a lot of people lol

but you probably already know that...

omg... and that horrible false review there is ganna seriously hurt the download rate for people who dont know this app T.T SO QUICK! SOMEONE ELSE WRITE A REVIEW TO REMOVE THAT FROM THE FRONT PAGE!!!
Thanks WhiteValkery, I can see you, like me, are very excited about this! That person wrote that review because I wrote a bad review of their friend's terrible BASIC program. Very Happy I'd love if someone would write an (unbiased, please!) review of Doors CS 7.0. Smile
It's got a great start on downloads! Very nice.

This'll go a long way!
comicIDIOT wrote:
It's got a great start on downloads! Very nice.

This'll go a long way!
Ah, that's because I updated it over Doors CS 7.0 Released Candidates 1 and 2. Smile Thanks, I sure hope so!

BTW, I made the following crossposts:
:: Doors CS 7.0 Released (Omnimaga)
:: Doors CS 7.0 Released (MaxCoderz)
:: Doors CS 7.0 Released (Revsoft)
:: Doors CS 7.0 Released (TI-BASIC Developer)
:: Doors CS 7.0 Released (United TI)
:: Doors CS 7.0 Released (TI-Freakware)
DCS7! Yeah!!! Just downloaded, thank you Kerm! Off to school now, this is gonna be awesome.
Awsome Kerm, this is filled with epicness. It's a good thing I found that menu bug last night. Very Happy

On a darker note, I think it is a bit too soon, we should have just tested RC 2 just a few more days. The bug I found yesterday, I wasn't supposed to be on the computer, I got on sneakily just to tell you. I am only saying, it was a bit too close for comfort.....
/\/\similarly, i think i found something but wanted to check it again so i could be more specific, but my batteries died so...(files being deleted when they shouldnt be was involved, however)

still, this is incredibly excite! congrats, Kerm!
Well, let's hope that any remaining issues at this point are relatively minor, since you guys helped me iron out more or less all of the easy-to-reproduce ones over your months of invaluable beta-testing. Smile
BLAAARRRG!

Oh I mean, great work Kerm!
TheStorm wrote:
BLAAARRRG!

Oh I mean, great work Kerm!
Thanks TheStorm! Much appreciated. Smile

And everyone who is afraid that we should have done more RC 2.1 testing, I hear ya, and it was indeed a rushed release, but rest assured that I can always release 7.1 or 7.0 SP 1 or something when/if enough bug reports roll in. To quote i_c-Y of #tcpa/#cemetech:

i_c-Y wrote:
you know you could have released this as DoorsCS 7 and then put all the fixes into service pack 1, right?

KermMartian wrote:
What do you think that I am, Microsoft? Very Happy

i_c-Y wrote:
Some of us like to think of DoorsCS as the Windows of the calculator world.
I don't think I'll try it: the reviews indicate that DCS is kind of crappy.
allynfolksjr wrote:
Yeah, the one review from the guy who was angry that I ranked down his friends sucky BASIC game. Laughing
Whoa, it's here! Can't wait till school...
Deep Thought wrote:
Whoa, it's here! Can't wait till school...
Excellent, I hope it lives up to your expectations. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
allynfolksjr wrote:
Yeah, the one review from the guy who was angry that I ranked down his friends sucky BASIC game. 0x5

Ok, please explain, what did you rank down?
qazz42 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
allynfolksjr wrote:
Yeah, the one review from the guy who was angry that I ranked down his friends sucky BASIC game. 0x5

Ok, please explain, what did you rank down?
Check out my review on this HORRENDOUS program named Mario that only has 477 downloads for the paste seven days because it's named Mario. The Omnimaga gang were complaining about this yesterday:

http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/425/42500.html
oh, I have seen that before! It really stinks, I tried it x.x

Kerm, how did you know it was a retaliation?
qazz42 wrote:
oh, I have seen that before! It really stinks, I tried it x.x

Kerm, how did you know it was a retaliation?
Because of some emails that were thrown around. :/ Neverthless, I hope Doors CS 7.0 will get some positive, unbiased reviews, and that rather mean-spirited review will disappear into the dark corners of history. Smile
Kerm, I am not sure if this is a bug, but i will write it anyway.

While testing my contest entry, I got a Error 503 File not Found when I clicked the close button. Below the "Error 503 " part was something like DR+27

This problem happened only once.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours