Quote:

Sent : August 3, 2005 4:18:25 AM
To :
Subject : Fw: DO NOT DELETE!msn is REALLY leaving us this is not a normal fwd.
Attachment : text2.html (< 0.01 MB), text2.html (< 0.01 MB), text2.html (< 0.01 MB), text2.html (< 0.01 MB), text2.html (< 0.01 MB), text2.html (< 0.01 MB), text2.html (< 0.01 MB), text2.html (< 0.01 MB), text2.html (< 0.01 MB), text2.html (< 0.01 MB), text2.html (< 0.01 MB), text2.html (< 0.01 MB), text2.html (0.01 MB), text2.html (< 0.01 MB), text2.html (< 0.01 MB), text2.html (< 0.01 MB), text2.html (< 0.01 MB), text2.html (< 0.01 MB), text2.html (< 0.01 MB), text2.html (< 0.01 MB), text2.html (< 0.01 MB), text2.html (< 0.01 MB), text2.html (< 0.01 MB), text2.html (< 0.01 MB), text2.html (< 0.01 MB), text2.html (< 0.01 MB), text2.html (< 0.01 MB), text2.html (< 0.01 MB), text2.html (< 0.01 MB), text2.html (< 0.01 MB), text2.html (< 0.01 MB), text2.html (< 0.01 MB), text2.html (< 0.01 MB), text2.html (< 0.01 MB), text2.html (< 0.01 MB), text2.html (< 0.01 MB), text2.html (< 0.01 MB), text2.html (< 0.01 MB), text2.html (< 0.01 MB), text2.html (< 0.01 MB), text2.html (< 0.01 MB), text2.html (< 0.01 MB), text2.html (< 0.01 MB), text2.html (< 0.01 MB), text2.html (< 0.01 MB), text2.html (< 0.01 MB), text2.html (0.01 MB), text2.html (< 0.01 MB), text2.html (< 0.01 MB), text2.html (0.01 MB), text2.html (< 0.01 MB), text2.html (< 0.01 MB), text2.html (< 0.01 MB), text2.html (< 0.01 MB), text2.html (< 0.01 MB), text2.html (< 0.01 MB), text2.html (< 0.01 MB), text2.html (< 0.01 MB), text2.html (0.01 MB), text2.html (< 0.01 MB), text2.html (< 0.01 MB), text2.html (< 0.01 MB), text2.html (< 0.01 MB), text2.html (< 0.01 MB), text2.html (< 0.01 MB), Final_Announcement.GIF (0.01 MB)

>From:
>To:
>Subject: Fw: DO NOT DELETE!msn is REALLY leaving us this is not a normal fwd.
>Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2005 13:03:23 -0600
>

Is this real? If so, why is there a whole bunch of copies of a single web paged attached to it.

I don't think it is, but I've heard of a lot of people recieving these. I think that if it is fake it is meant to harvest emails.
I think it is fake, why would they have it be forwarded to other accounts, if they have all the account info on their servers.
i'll email the hmail staff about it.
that is what I would do, if it is legit, they will tell you, otherwise they will let you know if some is out phishing
Wow, they don't even have an contact email address, staff@hotmail.com is a autoresponder. Their support contact form is completely useless, it doesn't even have anything to report problems of this nature.

Thats hilarious.
oh well, time to switch to gmail or something ( if you want an invite, I will give you one)
I have a gmail account. Are you still recieving invites? I'm not. But maybe thats because I've been mailing them to myself to store them.
Not really, been siting at 49 for a ong time, but not really caring, no one wants them anymore it seems
I have 200 saved up in emails sent to myself. Very Happy
well, when I get low, invie self, and now I have 50 more

Edit: 600th Post w00t, working my way to the top.
Dudes, this is obviously fake. Forward to fifteen people? "Find and debug your account"? That's utter nonsense speak, it doesn't mean anything. Don't do it. Smile
I never intendon on do it. I already was suspiciou, but a whole bunch of my friends did. Too bad for them, if they couldn't have stopped to think about the authentity of the email.
I never reply to an email sent by a company unless I know it is legit. Most of the time, it is because I sign up for something, and they are confirming my address
Yeah, same here. I'm too jaded to click any of those phishing links. Smile
GMail does do a good job of keeping that stuff out.
Yahoo! Mail too, it just goes into my Bulk folder.
yeah, and my Spam folder hardly sees anything. A few messages every so often, but hose come in spurts, just select all, and delete forever
KermMartian wrote:
Yahoo! Mail too, it just goes into my Bulk folder.

i hate yahoo mail. I got an account with em for my DSL (SBC Yahoo! DSL) - i never gave the address to ANYONE or used it for ANYTHING. the first time i sign in (about a week after i had it), i had over 200 spam messages. YAHOO SPAMS YOU!!!! (all were in the bulk mail folder, but the entire thing should have been empty. i still get spam, and i still have not told anyone the e-mail address)
I use Yahoo incase I sign up for something that might spam me... Like ebay, they send all those confirmation emails, so I use my yahoo address for that stuff...
i get like no spam... on my Gmail at least... but my old mail.com account doesnt need spam, theres enough ads from the site itself...

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours