Well, I am finally getting down to working on this game, now that a friend of mine is doing graphics.
The name of this game is Clash of Dimensions. It is a game in the style of a 1990's point and click adventure game.

You are a regular guy, just sitting at your house, out of work, and lazy. Cliché lines follow.

Anyways, a portal opens up in your house that leads to other dimensions, and you enter.
From then on, you must solve puzzles, pick up items, enter new dimensions, etc... The final goal is to find out what caused this disturbance and fix it.

Screenshot:

Note that the game is actually 2x faster than this on-calc.

This game uses plenty of DCS libs, including the gui menu, mouse, xlib commands, header, and more.
cool
Whoa, that looks super-awesome! Great use of the DCS Menu and the GUIMouse. Smile I look forward to seeing more about this project and its storyline!
Looks cool. I can't wait to see how it turns out! Smile
qazz42 wrote:
cool

Thanks! Very Happy

KermMartian wrote:
Whoa, that looks super-awesome! Great use of the DCS Menu and the GUIMouse. Smile I look forward to seeing more about this project and its storyline!

Thanks Kerm, I'm cooking up an epic plot as we speak, going to work on it now.
DELICIOUS
i will finish this and i will play it!
Who da man? YOU da man! This looks awesome! I have to play this when you finish it! :O
KeithJohansen wrote:
Who da man? YOU da man! This looks awesome! I have to play this when you finish it! :O
I like that it both looks awesome and uses the Doors CS libraries in a way that looks organic rather than forced for the sake of the contest. Smile
Wow, thanks you guys, this is definitely an incentive to finish this on time!
xXEpicxXXxFailXx wrote:
Wow, thanks you guys, this is definitely an incentive to finish this on time!
That's great to hear. Smile Get going on it, then!
All right then, after many problems, some more screenshots!
Not .gifs, just pictures of some rooms.

These are rooms all ready completed on-calc, drawn and all.

First one is a bathroom, with stall and urinal, not sure what the box on the right is. Laughing
2nd one is a hallway ending in 3 doors.

These screenshots are room concepts not completed on-calc yet.

First one being a sacrificial drawing on the ground,
2nd being a kitchen.

There are tons more, this is just a sneak preview.
Sweet. Smile Are these getting stored as pic variables, or generated by line and drawing statements? I'm hoping the latter. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
Sweet. Smile Are these getting stored as pic variables, or generated by line and drawing statements? I'm hoping the latter. Smile

It's the latter, being drawn in a separate sub-program and saved to pic1 for fast recall. In fact, there could be over 30 rooms with just 1 pic.
xXEpicxXXxFailXx wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

It's the latter, being drawn in a separate sub-program and saved to pic1 for fast recall. In fact, there could be over 30 rooms with just 1 pic.
Excellent, that's good to hear. Where did you come up with the figure of 30 rooms? Does each room take about (768/30) bytes of programming?
KermMartian wrote:
xXEpicxXXxFailXx wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Excellent, that's good to hear. Where did you come up with the figure of 30 rooms? Does each room take about (768/30) bytes of programming?

I got on ms paint and sketched out all of the rooms (as you can see by the last two screens). My plan is for 30, but I also made an alternate story if I don't have enough time that has less. And the rooms are taking up anywhere from 50-400 bytes each. In the end, I'm combining all the subprograms into one big drawing program.
That makes sense, as long as combining them all into one big program isn't going to make the later rooms have a long delay before beginning drawing (due to the TI-OS searching for labels for a long time). Also glad that you're considering an alternate storyline in case coding takes longer than expected, as it often does.
KermMartian wrote:
That makes sense, as long as combining them all into one big program isn't going to make the later rooms have a long delay before beginning drawing (due to the TI-OS searching for labels for a long time). Also glad that you're considering an alternate storyline in case coding takes longer than expected, as it often does.

Oh, no, I'm not using labels there, so there won't be (as) much delay as there would be with labels.

As of now, I have 12 screen images (including title screen) drawn on-calc nearing 3800 bytes all together. That's around 320 bytes per screen, not too bad.

Based on that, a complete game with 30 rooms, interactions, and cutscenes would total around 15000 before optimization.
Ah, that's not bad at all. That doesn't include gameplay though, does it?
KermMartian wrote:

Yes, yes it does! (interactions)
xXEpicxXXxFailXx wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Yes, yes it does! (interactions)
Oh, excellent, I wasn't expecting that! Kudos. Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours