All thats left is the calendar, adding the help section, and debugging.

The most complicated part of my entire program is the calendar, because I have to integrate it with adding new events and viewing events.

The help section will be very easy, but debugging could take some time.

Right now, i am not too concerned about the deadline. School is starting next week, but I will still have some time for programming every day.

EDIT: The calendar isn't as hard as I expected Very Happy
Excellent! It's always great to hear when something is easier than you expected. Smile
My calendar is almost done!

Kerm, there appears to be some kind of bug with how DCS works with matrices
Could you be a little more specific? What are you using the matrices for? How are they interacting with DCS?
I am using the matrix to hold the calendar's data.

This doesn't work:

[J](B,D)

where vars B and D are real numbers within the dimensions of matrix J
It doesn't work when HomeRun is enabled
What do you mean doesn't work? Does it return the wrong numbers, does it throw an error, if so what error? Are you positive B and D are integers? If it's returning the wrong numbers, are you sure you have B and D in the right order? The first number in the row, the second is the column. It seems to be working for me.
It throws error DOM or DIM, i cant remember.
I fixed the issue by using a list. Smile
souvik1997 wrote:
I am using the matrix to hold the calendar's data.

This doesn't work:

[J](B,D)

where vars B and D are real numbers within the dimensions of matrix J
It doesn't work when HomeRun is enabled
Is it possible that either B or D was a non-integer or non-positive? Did you verify that DCS was the issue by running the same program with HomeRun disabled?
I verified the issue by clearing ram and running [J](B,D) from the homescreen with the same values that B and D are in my program. It did not throw any error. Then I ran DCS with the same expression from the homescreen and it throws an error.

I know B and D are positive integers because I Goto'ed into my program whenever DoorsCS threw the error and Rcl'ed B and D into my program.

I can't reproduce the bug anymore because i switched from using a matrix to a list.
souvik1997 wrote:
I verified the issue by clearing ram and running [J](B,D) from the homescreen with the same values that B and D are in my program. It did not throw any error. Then I ran DCS with the same expression from the homescreen and it throws an error.

I know B and D are positive integers because I Goto'ed into my program whenever DoorsCS threw the error and Rcl'ed B and D into my program.

I can't reproduce the bug anymore because i switched from using a matrix to a list.
OK, I'll see if there's any way that I can replicate this.

Edit: I tried this with no luck:

Code:
PROGRAM:A01
:[[0,1,2][3,4,5][6,7,8->[J]
:2->B:2->D
:Disp [J](B,D

I also tried B=D=1 and B=D=3 with a continual failure to fail.
ok then, it is probably another 2.53 problem.
edit; I used something like

Code:

7fPart(H/7)+1 -> B
int(H/7)+1 -> D

where h was between 0 and 41[/code]
souvik1997 wrote:
Oooh, I didn't think to try 2.53. Lemme try it on 2.53 and see if that makes a difference.
souvik1997 wrote:

Code:

7fPart(H/7)+1 -> B
int(H/7)+1 -> D

That looks wrong to me. Basically, you have a 6 row by 7 column array, and you want to access elements starting at 0 = top-left and going first right, then down? That would be this, just in case 2.53MP is doing some fail-rounding.

Code:

int(7fPart(H/7))+1 -> B
int(H/7)+1 -> D

BTW, I was unable to replicate on 2.53MP without trying to use fPart.
KermMartian wrote:
souvik1997 wrote:

Code:

7fPart(H/7)+1 -> B
int(H/7)+1 -> D

That looks wrong to me. Basically, you have a 6 row by 7 column array, and you want to access elements starting at 0 = top-left and going first right, then down? That would be this, just in case 2.53MP is doing some fail-rounding.

Code:

int(7fPart(H/7))+1 -> B
int(H/7)+1 -> D

BTW, I was unable to replicate on 2.53MP without trying to use fPart.

I think you are right
Merth mentioned that my int() fix seems to have done the trick, although he was able to replicate your bug without it. Merth, did you try turning off the DCS Homerun hook and seeing if the same situation happened?
I've replicated the error in 2.53:

Code:
[[1,2][3,4->[J]
8->H
1+7fPart(H/7->B
1+int(H/7->D
Disp B,D,[J](2,2),[J](B,D

This will display:

Code:
ERROR

When implementing your suggested fix:

Code:
[[1,2][3,4->[J]
8->H
1+int(7fPart(H/7->B
1+int(H/7->D
Disp B,D,[J](2,2),[J](B,D

The output is:

Code:

So there is something pretty weird about this... From the homescreen do this:

Code:
fPart(8/7
Ans*7
int(Ans

Which gives me:

Code:
This happens with the parser hook on and off.
Yup, sounds like an awesome rounding error in 2.53MP to me. Sad Unfortunately I don't think there's really anything to do about that. I'd like BrandonW to come in here and verify if this is something he's run across, though; if not, I think he'd enjoy a bitter laugh about this particular TI fail. Sad
Good to hear its not a dcs bug
souvik1997 wrote:
Good to hear its not a dcs bug
Hehe, I'll make a wager with you that I'm more relieved to hear that it's not a DCS bug than you are! Laughing Sorry to hear that this TI-OS bug delayed your entry slightly, though. Sad
I've had similar happen before, but with larger numbers. You'd think the calculator's FP could handle it...
At any rate, you can just use round(X,0) or whatever variable or expression you need Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours