Doors CS 7.0 Release Candidate (RC) 1 is here! This version is a super-stable, feature-rich, and nearly-complete build of the final Doors CS 7.0. Please test it thoroughly; if it passes everyone's tests, this is the final version that will be released on Wednesday, September 1st! The official description for this release:

Doors CS 7.0 is the ultimate shell and GUI for your TI graphing calculator. Run any BASIC or ASM program, including MirageOS, Ion, Doors CS, and nostub programs. Organize your programs into folders, edit program properties or programs directly from Doors CS, or use the HomeRun feature to run any program from the TI-OS homescreen. Doors CS is built to be extremely user-friendly, using a mouse-based interface to appeal to users used to using computers who are frustrated by the infinite menus one must navigate on a TI calculator. On the opposite end of the user spectrum, it includes myriad keyboard shortcuts so that those who prefer to use a keyboard to a mouse can quickly and efficiently move through Doors CS. Doors CS 7.0 contains full libraries for xLIB, Celtic III, PicArc, Omnicalc, and the new DCSB Libs; eliminate all your apps and replace them with Doors CS 7! This Release Candidate is a very stable, nearly-complete version of Doors CS 7.0.

A full listing of fixes and improvements over Doors CS 6.9 beta:

:: Myriad bug fixes and tweaks based on invaluable feedback from Cemetech members and Doors CS beta testers.
:: Addition of [ON][MODE] hook and multi-page scrolling feature.
:: Additional DCSB Lib features and bug-fixes.
:: Updated Doors CS 7 manual and SDK (both included in the zip below)

Again, please test this release for any and all bugs and weirdnesses. Please please also read the Manual for correctness, completeness, and clarity, and let me know what you think. If no issues are found, the next release will be Doors CS 7.0. If bugs are found, then a release candidate, Doors CS 7.0 RC 2, will be released before September 1 (ideally within a few days). Doors CS 7.0 will not be released until many testers give the RC a clean bill of health, so please test, test, test!

Download
Doors CS 7.0 Release Candidate 1

What are the additional dcsb features?
souvik1997 wrote:

:: sum(11) (aka RenderGUI) now accepts an additional argument specifying whether or not to copy the buffer to the LCD after rendering the GUI to the buffer.
:: sum(13) (aka GUIMenu) no longer causes odd glitches on the Homescreen if the programmer does not ClrHome afterwards.
:: A coordinate glitch I discovered with (aka GUIMenu), and crash bugs with sum(7) for GUIRScrollVert and GUIRScrollHoriz have been repaired.
KermMartian wrote:
souvik1997 wrote:

:: sum(11) (aka RenderGUI) now accepts an additional argument specifying whether or not to copy the buffer to the LCD after rendering the GUI to the buffer.
:: sum(13) (aka GUIMenu) no longer causes odd glitches on the Homescreen if the programmer does not ClrHome afterwards.
:: A coordinate glitch I discovered with (aka GUIMenu), and crash bugs with sum(7) for GUIRScrollVert and GUIRScrollHoriz have been repaired.

Hehe, my feature is here Very Happy

Also - is this available in ASM too?
Is which part available in ASM? RenderGUI or GUIMenu? And yes, there's your feature! Very Happy Did you test it out yet?
RenderGUI, with the added feature.

And I will be testing it out shortly, no worries! Very Happy
alberthrocks wrote:
RenderGUI, with the added feature.

And I will be testing it out shortly, no worries! Very Happy
Nope, ASM programs must let the GUI be rendered. There's never been a request for anything else, because ASM programs can use GUIRCustoms, which are callback functions into the main program when the GUI gets rendered. That kinda nullifies a reason to not copy the buffer to the LCD. Smile
Ahh, nice Very Happy

So does that mean I could hide the screen when it's rendered (in ASM), do what I need to do, then give control back to DCS?
alberthrocks wrote:
Ahh, nice Very Happy

So does that mean I could hide the screen when it's rendered (in ASM), do what I need to do, then give control back to DCS?
Sort of. It means that Doors CS will start at the bottom of the topmost Groupmaster (GUIRNull, GUIRSmallWin, or GUIRLargeWin), render upwards until it finds your GUIRCustom, then wait until you return from the GUIRCustom call before finishing the render with anything above the GUIRCustom, and then copying the buffer to the LCD.
I install TILP on my ubuntu laptop, so I am testing now!

The only thing I noticed was that when DCS first starts up, it _always_ from a particular page. On my calc, it is the page where I have DocDE7. This issue has existed since dcs 6.9, but I forgot to write a bug report for it Sad
souvik1997 wrote:
I install TILP on my ubuntu laptop, so I am testing now!

The only thing I noticed was that when DCS first starts up, it _always_ from a particular page. On my calc, it is the page where I have DocDE7. This issue has existed since dcs 6.9, but I forgot to write a bug report for it Sad
I think you're describing a feature, not a bug. Go to another page, quit, and re-enter Doors CS. Now does it start at that page?
Yeah, but when I install dcs, it always starts from that page (like when I delete the DCS appvars)
souvik1997 wrote:
Yeah, but when I install dcs, it always starts from that page (like when I delete the DCS appvars)
How odd! Which page is that? I bet I might know what the problem is...
page 4 on my calc

Edit: this problem happens sporadically
Edit2: I think this problem is more of a migration issue form dcs 6.x to dcs 7 rc
souvik1997 wrote:
page 4 on my calc

Edit: this problem happens sporadically
Edit2: I think this problem is more of a migration issue form dcs 6.x to dcs 7 rc
As I suspected, I just didn't initialize the initial screen in the AppVar. It's a trivial fix; not enough to force a second Release Candidate in my opinion. Thanks for that, Souvik. Smile Keep the bug reports (and non-bug-reports coming), gang!
strangely, I can't get this bug to reproduce after i told you about it Confused
souvik1997 wrote:
strangely, I can't get this bug to reproduce after i told you about it Confused
That's ok, I still managed to track down the underlying reason and do something about it. Smile
cool!
downloading and testing now! Smile
WhiteValkery wrote:
cool!
downloading and testing now! Smile
Superbulous! Let me know what you find.
it seems fine, but one thing I want to test >.>

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 6
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours