The following is an index of various TI-BASIC programming tutorials for the TI-83, TI-83+, TI-83+ Silver Edition, TI-84+, TI-84+ Silver Edition, and TI-Nspire (with TI-84 keypad) that exist out there. One of the tutorials is hosted here, and many of the rest have been collected courtesy of the excellent Daniel Thorneycroft (tifreak8x) of TIFreakware.

:: Programming the TI-83 Plus/TI-84 Plus - My 350-page TI-BASIC book, jam-packed with examples and lessons to teach you to be a good programmer and a good calculator programmer.
:: The Complete TI-BASIC Tutorials - My own TI-BASIC tutorial, written long ago. Since it's old and (in retrospect) somewhat wanting, please check out my book instead.
:: TIFreakWare's BASIC Tutorials - Written more for game programming, this tutorial will teach you all the basics.
:: Axcho's Overview of Sprite Techniques - Learn how to make some awesome sprites in very interesting ways.
:: xLIB Tutorials Three tutorials to teach you to use XLIB functions in your BASIC programs. Use Doors CS 7 for its xLIB functionality!
:: CDI'S Advanced Thinking Tutorials - Some advanced concepts like scrolling and grayscale.
:: TI-BASIC Developer -TI-BASIC Wiki.
:: BASIC Guru Online -Still a good reference despite its age.
:: The xLIB Guru -Simple xLIB wiki that started in 2006 by Omnimaga at xlib.revsoft.org, but later merged with TI-Basic Developer.
:: Assorted BASIC (And More!) Tutorials - Courtesy of Omnimaga, an excellent collection of BASIC and general programming tutorials.

Please post about your own favorite TI-BASIC tutorials, and I'll try to include them here.
heh, I should look at those xLIB toutorials
TI-BASIC Developer -TI-BASIC Wiki.
BASIC Guru Online -Still a good reference despite its age.
The xLIB Guru -Simple xLIB wiki that started in 2006 by Omnimaga at xlib.revsoft.org, but later merged with TI-Basic Developer.

Are downloadable-only tutorials allowed in the list?
Definitely, DJ Omnimaga! Good ones so far. Smile Also, I am still bitter about xLIB Guru, since I made a logo I thought was good, and they thought otherwise. Laughing
Oh wow I totally don't remember that. I checked archive.org but couldn't find the reference to your logo. Do you still have it? We used the one in that archive.org cache, but I totally forgot who made it.

http://web.archive.org/web/20070314031704/http://xlib.revsoft.org/index.php?title=Main_Page

As for other tutorials, I'll see if I can grab all of them at one point.
Huh, I seem to have actually made a logo for something called the xLib Manual rather than xLib Guru, strangely enough.

Strange, I don't remember that one much. Maybe it was made before we opened the Wiki and I forgot, or it was made when I had limited internet access back in 2007.

That logo looks pretty nice, though.
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
Strange, I don't remember that one much. Maybe it was made before we opened the Wiki and I forgot, or it was made when I had limited internet access back in 2007.

That logo looks pretty nice, though.
In retrospect I don't totally love it; it's a tad too formulaic for my current tastes. Is that wiki still active? I don't suppose you or any of the xLIB users would have interest in merging some of that content into the DCS wiki, since DCS has now engulfed all of the popular BASIC libraries? Smile
The xLIB Guru died shortly after starting, unfortunately, as there weren't a lot of xLIB tricks back then. Around 2007 there was talk about merging with TI-BASIC Developper with Burr and we did. TI-BD is still active, though. You would probably need to ask them if you can include the xLIB doc in your DCS Wiki, since I no longer have any affiliation with that Wiki.
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
The xLIB Guru died shortly after starting, unfortunately, as there weren't a lot of xLIB tricks back then. Around 2007 there was talk about merging with TI-BASIC Developper with Burr and we did. TI-BD is still active, though. You would probably need to ask them if you can include the xLIB doc in your DCS Wiki, since I no longer have any affiliation with that Wiki.
Oh yes, you mentioned that. I'll probably do that at some point, once I've finished dealing with the stress of rolling out DCS 7.0 on time and as stable as possible. Razz
http://ourl.ca/4541
This is a thread with lots of good tutorials. I highly recommend anything on that list written by Meishe91 and Builderboy. Enjoy! Smile
ztrumpet wrote:
http://ourl.ca/4541
This is a thread with lots of good tutorials. I highly recommend anything on that list written by Meishe91 and Builderboy. Enjoy! Smile
Ah, an excellent suggestion; I'll add that link to the list as a compendium of BASIC tutorials.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours