I just sent an update of Design 3D 4.1 to TICalc.org, and it should go online within a coupple of days.

There is one major new thing in this version; Perspective.

In editor mode, the projection settings is fixed at ~62 degrees field-of-view (left to rigth), and a distance of 25 from (0,0,0). However in view mode, the field-of-view can be set to anything between (not including) 0 and 180 degrees, while the distance can be any value.

I have also improved the rotation routines to be way more accurate.

Any comments/thougths/bug-reports on this?
That's awesome, olav! I'm glad that you still have had a chance to work on this. Smile I look forward to trying it out and seeing some screenshots when ticalc.org accepts it (could you also please submit to the archives here?). Perspective is something it sorely needed. Does it still have orthogonal as well as an option, or is it all perspective?
Of course it maintains all the previous graphics modes. In fact, you have to manually select perspective mode at this point by pressing "apps" when working on the project.

There is however one thing I removed, and that was the rotation settings. Due to the updated routines which now properly use sine/cosine functions; it is a lot more accurate and don't need special options for rotation "quality". One rotation step is fixed to 15 degrees.

I just figured out one thing I forgot to ajust: list T isn't deleted after it's temporary usage. I'll fix this soon.

I will consider to make a minor update with support for a module that stores some basic shapes wich can be inserted into any project (implemented in the same way as the converter). I already tried it, so I know it works, but that was several RAM clears ago.
Ah, that's good to hear. Sidebar, have you considered using any of the DCSB Libs or other third-party BASIC libraries included in DCS7?
I have not gone that far yet... however, that may eventually come.

WARNING!!!
The fine posted to TICalc.org contains one huge bug that prevents new lines from being made in the visual editor. I have now fixed it, but I don't have the ability to upload the new file rigth now. I will write more tomorrow as I only got 1 minute of battery left on my laptop rigth now.
olav_nordmann wrote:
I have not gone that far yet... however, that may eventually come.

WARNING!!!
The fine posted to TICalc.org contains one huge bug that prevents new lines from being made in the visual editor. I have now fixed it, but I don't have the ability to upload the new file rigth now. I will write more tomorrow as I only got 1 minute of battery left on my laptop rigth now.
Well, at least you caught it before too long. Smile Good luck, I look forward to hearing what the fix was.
Ok.

The bug has now been fixed, and I have been looking into the "add shapes" thing.

The solution I decided to go with was to add support for a plug-in module in editor mode. This module is not a part of D3D, and are downloaded seperately. Anybody who would like can make their own plugin modules, and publish it as long as they document how it is used.

This required me to expand the assembly routine to include the new module. Since I kindof lost the original source code, I had do do a dissasembly of the existing program, alter it, and recompile it.

I'll go sailing (only 30 minutes till start) so I don't have the time to write more rigth now.
Ah, nifty; let me know if you need any help with the assembly portion of it.
New version availble here:
http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/399/39916.html

I have still to make some plug-in modules with libraries of fixed objects. You can also freely make plug-in modules, and if you decide to do this; there is an informative text file included on how the structure of one should be.

Note; the screenshots are quite long, so the speed may be a little lower than intentional the first time they run through.
Very nice, olav; I'll try to give it a spin today and see if I can think of any suggestions or comments.
Just a quick note; All the modification I did between 4.0 and 4.2 was not actually done on a calculator at all. Instead, I have been using a mix between the TI-GraphLink 83 Plus program and WabbitEmu.

I found that it's 10 times easier to write TI-BASIC programs this way, as you can see a lot more of the program at the same time. You also don't have linewrapping and such.
olav, are you not familiar with Cemetech's very own SourceCoder 2.5 webapp that lets you convert between .8xp and text files, edit online, and save programs to your Cemetech profile? Shock

http://sc.cemetech.net
KermMartian wrote:
olav, are you not familiar with Cemetech's very own SourceCoder 2.5 webapp that lets you convert between .8xp and text files, edit online, and save programs to your Cemetech profile? Shock

http://sc.cemetech.net

No, sorry... I haven't been much active here the recent years, and I am a little outdated about what's going on here (besides DCS 7).
That's fair and understandable. You should definitely check out SourceCoder, though; I consider it at least as good as TI's tool, not to mention still under passive development. Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours