qazz42 wrote:
Eh, Americans suck at making products too... I would have to say Japan is the best so far (that I know)
On what grounds, qazz? What evidence can you offer to support this hypothesis?
qazz42 wrote:
Eh, Americans suck at making products too... I would have to say Japan is the best so far (that I know)
What products do you know of that are made in America? Idea
comicIDIOT wrote:
qazz42 wrote:
Well, there's American cars, no? American fruits and vegetables, although I don't those are the kind of products that you're talking about.
KermMartian wrote:
comicIDIOT wrote:
qazz42 wrote:
Well, there's American cars, no? American fruits and vegetables, although I don't those are the kind of products that you're talking about.
It was more of a question for qazz. When I think Japan I think about their advancements in technology and robots. They have robots that teach kids [and socialize?] in a real public environment, and to the best of my knowledge we don't.

Precisely. I live no more than 20 minutes away from the Toyota-GM NUMMI Plant that was shut down in April. They produced Toyota's, Pontiacs and Chevrolets to name most of the products. I also now a few farms around here but it's a much longer commute.

I don't know how to explain this without getting off-topic.

qazz: The US does create product; More than the other countries we out source to.

If you ever take an economics class you'll learn about something called Gross Domestic Product, or GDP. GDP "is a measure of a country's overall official economic output. It is the market value of all final goods and services officially made within the borders of a country in a year." Now, you'll understand that graph above, the US makes far more product that you possibly thought. But whether they are better, is up to each individual consumer.

I can say NUMMI made some great cars while another person may say Toyota has never made a good car; at NUMMI or otherwise. And the products you own could be created all over the world - a chip from China, plastic case from India, etc etc - but they could have been assembled in America and that's likely why the US's GDP is so high.
KermMartian wrote:

Actually, American cars are built mostly outside of the US. Oddly enough, *JAPANESE* and other foreign cars are mostly built here in the states. Toyota, for example, builds its trucks in Texas and Indiana, and the Tundra was even engineered here in the states (making it from engineering to manufacturing 100% American).

And qazz, when it comes to cars, Germans & Italians >>>> Japanese Wink

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours