This program won first place in Contest #7 http://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5042&start=0

It is also available for download at http://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=file&path=/83plus/basic/Reminder.zip

Original post:

For the upcoming contest, I have decided to make a program similar to the iPhone's calendar app which I have named "Reminder". So far the features I have planned are:

Self-editing icons
Adding/deleting events
Calendar
Reminding the user about the event when the current date is the same as the date of the event.[/b]
Sounds cool, I assume it will be hybrid BASIC with DCSB Libs? I look forward to more information and screenshots as the development process continues.
sounds very cool Smile And I second Kerm: Screenshots!

Funnily enough, I actually had a similar idea for what-might-end-up-being-my-entry; a "dashboard"/widget bar with a to-do list and calendar as demo widgets.
It will use DCSB libs and celtic 3 for file reading/writing.

I don't have any screenshots right now, but I hope to have some next week.

I have one question:
Is it possible to create a SE to run a basic program on startup?
rthprog wrote:

Funnily enough, I actually had a similar idea for what-might-end-up-being-my-entry; a "dashboard"/widget bar with a to-do list and calendar as demo widgets.
You should still do so! What other options are you thinking about?
Can programs that use TI 84+ only functions be submitted into the contest? I need to use tokens such as getTime and getDate.
souvik1997 wrote:
Can programs that use TI 84+ only functions be submitted into the contest? I need to use tokens such getTime and getDate.
Yeah, I have no objection to that, as long as you specify that that's the case in the program's readme or documentation.
KermMartian wrote:
rthprog wrote:

I would hate to hog up souvik1997's thread
http://cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=105438
rthprog wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
rthprog wrote:

I would hate to hog up souvik1997's thread
http://cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=105438
Good man, thanks for that.

Also, I just noticed this post:
Quote:
It will use DCSB libs and celtic 3 for file reading/writing.

I don't have any screenshots right now, but I hope to have some next week.

I have one question:
Is it possible to create a SE to run a basic program on startup
You could certainly create such an SE; it would be pretty straightforward, although you'd need to be very careful about how you invoked the _RunProg entry point.
Which bcall do I use to run DCS basic programs?
souvik1997 wrote:
Which bcall do I use to run DCS basic programs?
You wouldn't want to use a bcall; instead, you should use the RunProg call from within DCS:

http://dcs.cemetech.net/index.php?title=RunProg
Update: I finally got file reading and writing done! Now all I have to do is program the calendar, program the SE, and make the gui more intuitive

Could some one answer the question below?

Quote:
Runs a program via Doors CS's RunProg subsystem. This call can handle any program that Doors CS itself can handle, including AP programs and AP files, nostub BASIC and Hybrid BASIC, Axe source code, nostub, DCS, Ion, and MirageOS ASM, plus any other filetype that gets added to Doors CS after this document was written. Be very careful to take into account all the things that the running program could do to this program's SafeRAM, modes, and variables (see Outputs below).
Technical Details

Inputs
hl = Pointer to high (first) byte of VAT entry of given program or file.
Outputs
Runs the program. Be aware this may trash a variety of variables and settings, create new variables and settings, and switch many calculator modes, depending on the type of program run. Also note that Hybrid BASIC programs and an ASM program may completely destroy any SafeRAM in use, so be sure to either back up necessary variables
Destroyed
All

What does it mean by "hl = Pointer to high (first) byte of VAT entry of given file"? Confused
I think that it's the output you would get for the VAT entry if you bcall'd _ChkFindSym for the program. I can't remember off the top of my head if it's in de or hl, though.
calcdude84se wrote:
I think that it's the output you would get for the VAT entry if you bcall'd _ChkFindSym for the program. I can't remember off the top of my head if it's in de or hl, though.
_ChkFindSym returns the VAT entry's high byte pointed from hl, and the low byte of the program's size word pointed from de. Therefore, the following would run prgmTEST:

Code:
      ld hl,testname
      rst 20h
      bcall(_ChkFindSym)
      ret c
      jp RunProg
testname:
      .db 05,"TEST",0

Code:
.nolist
#include "ti83plus.inc"
#include "dcs7.inc"
SEOffset equ $86ec
.list
  .org 0
  .db $BB,$6D
  .db $AB,$C9
SEStart:
  .db $31,$87,$50
  .dw SEBoot-SEStart
  .dw 0
  .dw 0

SEBoot:
  ld hl,testname
  rst 20h
  b_call(_ChkFindSym)
  ret c
  jp RunProg
testname:
      .db 05,"CHKEVNT",0

ret

prgmCHKEVNT

Code:

:Pause "It works"
:Return

This code doesn't do anything on my calc

EDIT: The MAXCHARS argument on the GUITextLineIn doesn't work.
http://dcs.cemetech.net/index.php?title=BasicLibs:PushGUIStack

EDIT2: Screenshots coming August 17 or 18
souvik1997 wrote:

Code:
.nolist
#include "ti83plus.inc"
#include "dcs7.inc"
SEOffset equ $86ec
.list
  .org 0
  .db $BB,$6D
  .db $AB,$C9
SEStart:
  .db $31,$87,$50
  .dw SEBoot-SEStart
  .dw 0
  .dw 0

SEBoot:
  ld hl,testname
  rst 20h
  b_call(_ChkFindSym)
  ret c
  jp RunProg
testname:
      .db 05,"CHKEVNT",0

SEs need relocatable code, so you need to do, instead of ld hl,testname:

Code:
      ld hl,testname-SEBoot+SEram

souvik1997 wrote:
Are you sure? I was almost positive that it worked fine...

souvik1997 wrote:
EDIT2: Screenshots coming August 17 or 18
Huzzah! Very Happy Can't wait.
Quote:
souvik1997 wrote:
Quote:

Are you sure? I was almost positive that it worked fine...

Yes, I am sure

I will compile your asm code later, when I get the time.
OK, I'll give it a try. I assume by "it doesn't work" you mean that you can enter more characters that the MaxChars argument specifies?
Yes, that is what I mean
souvik1997 wrote:
Yes, that is what I mean
Huh, you're absolutely right about that; I have no idea why I never implemented that. Perhaps I discovered that it was much more complex that I realized? I'll look into this, thanks for discovering that.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours