» Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
TI-MAIL is an email program for calculators, it is mostly made of DCS libraries, I mean it, there are alot of libraries..

Here is a screeny (note that there is nothing connected, but it does send and receive)

EDIT: This is alot slower than the real thing x.x
Looks great! Why haven't you taken use of the DCS Menu GUI?
If I may suggest a couple features:
First off, I have made similar programs in the past, and these are some features I used that you may find interesting:
-Save sent mail somewhere, and then send it to the appropriate calculator next time they plug in to sync up
-Keep a unique ID for the calculator and use that as the identifier. That way, you can say "I want to send this to ABCD next time i sync with them"

Also, you should use the DCS GUI a bit more.
Question

my program is mostly using the DCS gui, the only problem is that the main menu cant be GUImenu because It is not a power saving state (which is required for a getcalc)
qazz42 wrote:
Question

my program is mostly using the DCS gui, the only problem is that the main menu cant be GUImenu because It is not a power saving state (which is required for a getcalc)
You can render the GUI with RenderGUI and then do a Pause... I also see some typos.
I would also use a multi-line text box for email composing.
a pause wont work, what if you need to get back to the menu and your partner hasnt received the mail yet?

Sir, uhh, it does have multi line text box...
It looked like Input to me.
SirCmpwn wrote:
It looked like Input to me.
It was indeed an Input from what I could see. I think Qazz is confused between a multiline text output and a multiline text input?
I think I am, the question confused me x.x

I dont know, does DCS support that Sir and/or Kerm?
qazz42 wrote:
I think I am, the question confused me x.x

I dont know, does DCS support that Sir and/or Kerm?
Yes, of course, otherwise we wouldn't be suggesting it. Very Happy Check out the documentation for sum(7) for GUIRTextMultiline.
umm, thats not there...

edit: oh it is!

ok, I guess I will use that!
It's one of the features of the GUI library Smile
sum(7,15,{x},{y},{rows},{pixwidth},{startstring}
is how you create it
qazz42 wrote:
umm, thats not there...

edit: oh it is!

ok, I guess I will use that!

Code:
• GUIRWrappedText: sum(7,6,X,Y,WIDTH,0,STRING). Draws a block of text starting at (X,Y), of width WIDTH, automatically wrapped as necessary. The WIDTH should not be wider than the container, nor should it cause any part of the text to be rendered below the bottom of the screen. The 0 indicates what font to use; as of Doors CS 7.0, only font 0 is available. Do not confuse this with the GUIRTextMultiline element.

Code:
• GUIRTextMultiline: sum(7,15,X,Y,ROWS,WIDTH,STRING). An interactive multiline textbox with ROWS rows (ie, 6*ROWS pixels tall) and WIDTH pixels wide. The initial contents of the textbox is STRING; line returns can be represented with the Stat Plots symbol "dot". An empty initial STRING "" is also acceptable.
I said I found it, and I am competent at using it Sad no need to explain to me
qazz42 wrote:
I said I found it, and I am competent at using it Sad no need to explain to me
Well, you didn't seem to be able to find it in the SDK, so I wanted to make sure that you got the information. Sad
eh, fair enough, though, what are the recommended height and width? I can never understand that...
It depends on what you want it to look like Very Happy
err, almost full screen
Then you'll want a GUIRNull as the groupmaster (first thing you push) unless you want it in a window
You'll probably have the GUIRTextMultiline it at (0,0) with 10 rows (which might make you adjust the Y to 1 so it's centered vertically) and the width would be either 94, 95, or 96 (I forget whether the border counts towards the width)

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 8
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours