30 Minutes long.

Ah yes, I saw Engadget's review on this particular KiRF; it sounded underwhelming to say the least.
I actually watched the entire video Razz
Extremely unimpressive, I must say. Very Happy
calcdude84se wrote:
I actually watched the entire video Razz
Extremely unimpressive, I must say. Very Happy
I'm surprised you actually watched that entire video. Very Happy I got the general idea and got bored after about 10 minutes. I must say that the narrator was fairly entertaining, though.
When I have nothing better to do at the moment that's what happens. I do agree he was entertaining, though. Very Happy
Wow.....that's pathetic. The screen doesn't look that unresponsive, it looks more like the script for sliding it around is very badly written. The software is usually pretty bad on most of these third party devices.

A friend of mine has a fake Iphone 1st gen. It doesn't work as well as an actual iPhone, of course, but it wasn't nearly as bad as that one.
These are the phones people use when they make those iPhone 4 in the blender videos.
Of course, the knock-off is made in china...
qazz42 wrote:
As are most knock-off electronic products, since China has the cheap manufacturing to make such things cost-effective.
I do recall someone (many) saying the faulty RAM in newer TI-84+SE had something to with the china factories >.>

<.<
qazz42 wrote:
I do recall someone (many) saying the faulty RAM in newer TI-84+SE had something to with the china factories >.>

<.<
Wait, faulty RAM? What faulty RAM? Speaking of Chinese factories and the controversies surrounding them, having you guys kept up with what was happening with Foxconn?
Err, I meant the missing ram, which I consider faulty >.>
That screen is awful. Knock offs are so wrong! If I was the person making and selling these, I wouldn't be able to sleep at night.

I have a RAM problem with my 84SE, and it has to do with the fact they cut the RAM down to the "user accesible" amount, not the old huge one. So that means I can't use TIBoy on my SE, only on my 84. Sad
adept wrote:
That screen is awful. Knock offs are so wrong! If I was the person making and selling these, I wouldn't be able to sleep at night.

I have a RAM problem with my 84SE, and it has to do with the fact they cut the RAM down to the "user accesible" amount, not the old huge one. So that means I can't use TIBoy on my SE, only on my 84. Sad
Oh, I thought that was a cost-cutting decision on TI's part, not a manufacturing error.
Eh, it was said the missing-ram calcs were made in china x.x

everything made in china is cheaper..
qazz42 wrote:

So is the real thing, what's your point?

Have you heard about all those Foxconn employee suicides? Guess who makes Apple's products? Foxconn! Coincidence? I think not.
Kllrnohj wrote:
qazz42 wrote:

So is the real thing, what's your point?

Have you heard about all those Foxconn employee suicides? Guess who makes Apple's products? Foxconn! Coincidence? I think not.
Exactly, that's what I was talking about in my post of August 12th at 9pm above. Razz
KermMartian wrote:
Exactly, that's what I was talking about in my post of August 12th at 9pm above. Razz

Liar Razz

Quote:
As are most knock-off electronic products, since China has the cheap manufacturing to make such things cost-effective.

You only talked about knock-offs.
Yeah, but by doing so I in no way excluded non-knock-offs; I merely offered a reason why Chinese knockoffs would be cheaper than, for example, American knockoffs (forget legal issues). Bah to you.
Eh, Americans suck at making products too... I would have to say Japan is the best so far (that I know)

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours