comicIDIOT wrote:
OO. I should really do something with sparks. That looks awesome. I've seen photos of sparks before but coming from larger devices, I completly forgot about the smaller dremels.
Definitely, Dremel sparks can look quite cool (apparently).

comicIDIOT wrote:
Nice photo!
Enthusiastically seconded! Nice job, Tari.
KermMartian wrote:
comicIDIOT wrote:
Nice photo!
Enthusiastically seconded! Nice job, Tari.

Thanks much! Smile

Here's a bit of fun from assembling my recent upgrades:
OMG A PICTURE OF COMPUTER PARTS. GOOD THING YOU PUT YOUR NAME ALL OVER THAT IMAGE, OR ELSE I MIGHT BEEN TEMPTED TO STEAL THAT ORIGINAL AND NEVER-BEFORE-DONE PICTURE!
Tari, I would prefer it if the angle was from the opposite direction. This just isn't an interesting angle for me +/
Ooooh, what if you try this one with a tilt-shift effect so the CPU socket looks like a stadium, Tari?
Looking back on it, I have indeed though it would be rather interesting to do some tilt-shift on such subjects. Not about to go doing more of these right now since it was mostly having a little fun, but I might try it next time I have bits laying around like that.
The Tari wrote:
Looking back on it, I have indeed though it would be rather interesting to do some tilt-shift on such subjects. Not about to go doing more of these right now since it was mostly having a little fun, but I might try it next time I have bits laying around like that.
Sounds like a plan, I look forward to seeing what you come up with. Comic, have you ever tried tilt-shift?
KermMartian wrote:
Comic, have you ever tried tilt-shift?
In the effect you're referring to, yes. But with real equipment, no. I had the opportunity to though, but it passed before I had the time or chance to take it. It was a seven week window, too Sad

Tilt-Shift is currently over hyped anyways. The effect can be easily reproduced in photoshop and some people even try to impress people by saying they shot a photo with a "3000 dollar lens" when it clearly isn't. I even checked:

Image in Subject

I even searched for a Tilt-Shift lens that has a zoom range of 18-105, no dice; I've never known a tilt shift to have zoom to begin with.

The video tilt-shifts are by far the most popular. I have my reasonable doubts that the video above is faked. At around 0:56 the Disney World castle is shown and if you pause it and eye the castle, you'll notice something peculiar. Well, I did. But I knew what I was looking for.

A straight on photo of any building means that entire facade will be focused - unless it drastically tilts away or towards the lens. However, here. The camera is assumingly level however, the Disney Castle is "focused" at the bottom and blurred at the top. Also, note the tree's. The tops are blurred and bottoms (of the same tree) are in focus. Now, doesn't the above photo look all the more obvious that it's a fake?

Too succesfully pull off a tilt-shift reproduction, you better get your spacial geometery right. Or whatever it may be. Dammit.

Anyone who takes a time lapse, applies a tilt-shift effect and some upbeat melody to a video is considered just as pro as someone who took a time lapse with a real 1,5+k tilt-shift lens. Which, I still have yet to find. But I think anyone who buys a real tilt-shift lens is likely using it for real photographs (such as for architecture) rather than artistic photos.

Though, the videos and photos out there are really good. I'll admit. Just wish they were real! :(

If you haven't noticed, mistaking Tilt-Shift Photography for Tilt-Shift Photoshop is a big pet peeve of mine Wink I'm enlightened no one has made the mistake here on Cemetech yet Very Happy
The tilt-shift photochopping that I've seen just hasn't been as impressive to me as the true tilt-shift photography; as you say, the blurring isn't nearly as realistic.
Perseids Meteor Shower

It's cropped so the meteor is more noticeable, listening to Airplanes by B.o.B & Hayley Williams while editing. Fortunately for me, I do have a shooting star to wish upon ;)
Very nice, comicIDIOT. Smile And I forgot to comment on it previously; nice evolution of the watermark!
Thanks Kerm Smile
That's awesome! Very Happy Would it be at all possible to get a much higher-resolution version of that? I'd love to do some experimentation with that as far as making it an Xsibhgrmz background.
Definitely, I'll send one your way!
comicIDIOT wrote:
Cheers, thanks comicIDIOT. Smile I'll share what I come up with if it's decent.
KermMartian wrote:
comicIDIOT wrote:
Cheers, thanks comicIDIOT. :) I'll share what I come up with if it's decent.
I look forward to it. I'm saddened that the Milky Way isn't as prominent as I've seen in other photos of the sky. I assume I have more to learn in either taking the photo or editing it.

I bet it has to do with the fact I still wasn't far enough from the city.

Here's a shot I took while composing the scene. The Milky Way is a bit more noticeable here.

Yeah, that's one photo. Love my fisheye lens ;)
Ooooh, fisheye lenses do cool things! Very nice.
Recovered from an Adobe induced Computer Failure, which caused two Lightroom catalogues to corrupt and Photoshop to hang after launching.

Kind of an eerie Friday the 13th for me. It'll take a while to fully recover but the programs are both behaving, will take a while to rebuild and reedit my Lightroom catalogue of over 8,700 photos, though.

Also taken with a fisheye Wink
Is that the same photograph touched up, or a different photo? Either way, very nice! I'm also sorry to hear about your Adobe troubles; I'd launch into an anti-Apple tirade, but I suppose this particular issue isn't their fault. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
Is that the same photograph touched up, or a different photo? Either way, very nice!
Same photo touched up. Rid the noise a bit better and touched it up more accurately to bring more stars out.
Quote:
I'm also sorry to hear about your Adobe troubles; I'd launch into an anti-Apple tirade, but I suppose this particular issue isn't their fault. Smile
Haha. It was Adobe. I had Lightroom launch CS4 and the file failed to open on CS4 so I quit CS4 but I guess LR never got the message that CS4 had quit so it went nuts when I tried to open the same file in CS4 again and stopped importing photos and stuff. It was odd.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 42, 43, 44  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 4 of 44
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours