comicIDIOT wrote:
TI_Coder: if you want to view an entire list of BASIC Routines supported and offered by DCS7, check here.

Edit: +/ http://dcs.cemetech.net/index.php?title=SDK#BASIC

I'll leave that BBCode fail as a reminder for Kerm to update the URL checker or w/e.

Edit2: Kerm. Don't let proper grammer break URL's now Rolling Eyes Razz

rthprog wrote:
@Alex
I was thinking that you could just swap the icon string header... wouldn't that work?
How would one do that when the icon string is "0320324A7FG92 or w/e. If one could use a string to generate an icon, that'd be great but it would get easily corrupted if another program uses the same string.

A BASIC program cannot self-edit. Even with help from a library iirc.

Maybe a goto and an engine that generates a DCS icon string from list info then quits to shell. But DCS would have to run the part of the program on App load or even page load, so it'd get impractical I'd imagine. Unless the engine can prove itself as quick. It could even be written by some one here and included in a revision to the SDK so other coders could use the same routine to keep things consistant.
uh, hardcode a couple icon/strings, and use celtic3 libs to self edit.
Ah, I totally meant to mention that as well, Rthprog, thanks for mentioning. As always, look at the SDK (LineRead, LineWrite, LineErase) for info on how Celtic III can edit programs.
I have my own custom UI menu. I use it in just about all of my programs. And BTW, my clock hands are not drawn slowly. It is in BASIC, but everything runs fairly quickly and time-accurately (if that's a word)...
TI_Coder wrote:
I have my own custom UI menu. I use it in just about all of my programs. And BTW, my clock hands are not drawn slowly. It is in BASIC, but everything runs fairly quickly and time-accurately (if that's a word)...
That's excellent, and kudos on writing fast, optimized, efficient code, but you're missing the point of the contest. Very Happy It's intended for the dual purpose of introducing people to Doors CS, and familiarizing developers with the tools DCS offers.
KermMartian wrote:
TI_Coder wrote:
That's excellent, and kudos on writing fast, optimized, efficient code, but you're missing the point of the contest. Very Happy It's intended for the dual purpose of introducing people to Doors CS, and familiarizing developers with the tools DCS offers.
plus, ticoder, you can make your program look _really_ nice and run _really_ fast with dcs. The line( command is no match for xlib Smile i strongly reccomend taking a look at dcs libs, just for the sake of helping you develop as a tibasic programmer
I dont think he is entering this any more x.x
qazz42 wrote:
I dont think he is entering this any more x.x
Regardless of whether he enters this particular program, he should still read up on the Xlib/Celtic/DCSB Libs and enter something that takes advantage of them. Razz

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours